PDA

View Full Version : Blue Voodoo

Zip
March 1st, 2010, 06:43 PM
Anyone have any experience with Crate's Blue Voodoo 120? I'm getting one in a couple of days, gonna pair it with a Marshall cab I have that's doing nothing productive (aside from holding up some loose magazines and pencils and such). It's loaded with 4x12 Celestion 30's.

I've heard I should immediately replace tubes and bias it, as I don't play deathcore (and apparently that's how this head is tubed). Any advice/complaints/suggestions/ramblings appreciated. :)

hubberjub
March 1st, 2010, 09:37 PM
I've never played one but I have heard good things about them. I know that Robert Randolph plays his pedal steel through one and Sammy Hagar used them until Crate built him his signature model based on that amp.

Zip
March 3rd, 2010, 04:10 PM
Holy crap. UPS just delivered it, and it weighs more than my refrigerator.

I'll plug it in tonight :happy

M29
March 3rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Be careful with that thing Zip it is a -all buster! I have heard good things about them over the years, congrats!!

Zip
March 3rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks.

Didn't get to play with it in my basement too long....turned up past 2 the folks upstairs started whining. This thing is very loud.

Not what I needed, but it's in pristine shape and the price was awesome. The back comes off tomorrow for a tube/etc. inspection.