PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe it!

sumitomo
March 3rd, 2010, 10:48 PM
Joe Bonamassa is playing here in my town Sunday night,guess I'll just have to go see him play.I am taking my 9yr old daughter.:cool: :happy :dude :bootyshake Sumi:D

Commodore 64
March 4th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Awesome! Man, I'm jealous.

duhvoodooman
March 4th, 2010, 05:30 AM
You will be stunned & amazed.... :eek:

warren0728
March 4th, 2010, 07:03 AM
i have really become a bonamassa fan of late....after getting the royal albert hall dvd....unfortunately he's not playing anywhere near me.... :-(

FrankenFretter
March 4th, 2010, 07:55 AM
He's playing Bend? Wow. That's fantastic, Sumi. I wish he'd drop by Salem, too.

duhvoodooman
March 4th, 2010, 08:28 AM
JB tour schedule: http://www.jbonamassa.com/tour.php

I'm seeing Joe 4/20 here in Albany! :dude :AOK :happy

sumitomo
March 4th, 2010, 08:36 AM
There wasn't many tickets left were up in the nose bleed section,which is good,maybe I'll kick back and listen to the music instead of watching Joe's playing.I asked my daughter are you ready to rock and she answered YEA! while playing an air guitar,so should be fun!Sumi:D

marnold
March 4th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Sweet! I hope he comes back up to Green Bay sometime. It's been a couple of years now.

Blaze
March 4th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Cool for you Sumi..

I don t see any dates in Canada yet,the closest to my place is Albany NY..

Plenty of Joe s fan here though..

I guess Canada is a too far away country..further than Australia :what

warren0728
March 4th, 2010, 10:53 AM
the town hall theatre in nyc would be a great place to see joe....i've seen some classical quartets and such there....very cool venue!

sumitomo
March 7th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Is it 7:00 pm yet! Sumi:D

sumitomo
March 8th, 2010, 08:36 AM
WOW! That was fantastic! Joe's playing and TONE was awesome.I really dug how he used different guitars tones to set different moods.That guy played non stop for over 2.5 hrs.,no wonder he has lost some weight,My wife went and really enjoyed the show,so I feel some new gear comming on LOL!.The theater we went to is small (My first time there)but is a great place to see a music concert,I WILL go again.Oh and Joe that was a awesome T-shirt you were wearing,Great job.Sumi:D

duhvoodooman
March 8th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Cool! How much did he play off the upcoming Black Rock album? Do you have a set list?

sumitomo
March 8th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I have no idea.I just sat back and enjoyed the music.Sumi:D P.S. It wasn't easy either.LOL!

duhvoodooman
March 8th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I have no idea.I just sat back and enjoyed the music.Sumi:D P.S. It wasn't easy either.LOL!
No prob, I'm here for ya, Sumi, so that you know what you heard! Here's the Bend, OR set list off the Bonamassa forums:

Main Set:

Ballad of John Henry
Last Kiss
So Many Roads
So, It's Like That
If Heartaches Were Nickels
Further on up the Road
Sloe Gin
Lonesome Road Blues
Happier Times
Bridge to Better Days
Blue and Evil **
Three Times a Fool **
Blues Deluxe
Young Man Blues
Woke Up Dreaming
Django
Mountain Time

Encore:

Bird on a Wire **
Just Got Paid

The double-starred ones are on the new Black Rock album coming out March 23. I expect that after that date, the set list will drop a couple of the older tunes and substitute some additional songs from the new CD. BTW, you can pre-order Black Rock HERE (http://www.jbonamassa.com/guitargiveaway/buynow.php)....

sumitomo
March 8th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I will tell ya this I had thought Marnold was in control of the P.A. music before the concert started because a hole lot of DIO was comming out of the speakers.Sumi:D

FrankenFretter
March 8th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I will tell ya this I had thought Marnold was in control of the P.A. music before the concert started because a hole lot of DIO was comming out of the speakers.Sumi:D

That's hilarious. Was that you, Rev? :dude

marnold
March 8th, 2010, 05:58 PM
That's hilarious. Was that you, Rev? :dude
Twasn't me, but I also find that to be a riot. I can just imagine waiting for a Bonamassa concert and hearing "We're the last in liiiiiiine!"

sumitomo
March 8th, 2010, 09:15 PM
The reason I thought it was you Rev cause they were playing Holy Diver!Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
March 8th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I am glad you had a great time Sumi! I hope to see him around here sometime.