PDA

View Full Version : Brossard Picks Demo

Robert
March 4th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Ebony, Horn and Bone. These picks are fantastic. :happy
www.brossardpicks.com

This also the first time I miced my Marshall with an SM57 for the sound. I went guitar, Mogami 2524 cable, old Tascam US-122, Mac, Garageband. Added tiny amount of delay and reverb in Garageband, exported file and imported into Final Cut Express, where I manually synced up the audio with the video.

How's the guitar tone?

DPacJGL_HIE

marnold
March 4th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Wouldn't you burn through a wood pick in no time flat?

Robert
March 4th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I don't know Marnold, I haven't had these for very long. Maybe it depends on how aggressive one's style is. If they wear down or get ragged, I reckon they can be trimmed a bit with sandpaper.

Ch0jin
March 4th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Another top demo!

The first time I watched it I forgot to listen for different tones with different picks because I was too busy enjoying those chops :rockon

I was just checking out the site, very cool looking product for sure. I'm tempted to order that three set with one of each....

marnold
March 4th, 2010, 07:39 PM
At the risk of flames erupting, how would you compare the bone/horn ones to v-picks?

bcdon
March 4th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Robert, you are a mighty fine guitar player and that goldtop Hagstrom suites you to a tee.

I really like your new miked-setup, sounds fantastic. :dude

Robert
March 4th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Glad it sounds good, sound-wise (not talking guitar-playing-wise) because I am now miking the amp with an SM57 and bypassing the camera mic. I use my old Tascam US-122 and it seems to do a decent job converting into digital. Just wait until I get my new mic preamp! Should be even better then. I just think it's awesome how much tight low-end this Marshall JVM is putting when I go into overdrive... :D

V-picks? Yes, they are indeed great too. I find the V-picks are softer, and have a more "pinging" tone, a bit less sharp than the bone/horn, but still tight and musical. I think both are great for more gainier tones - it's really just a preference, but I do think the V-picks sound a bit different. I'll do a V-picks demo sometime too. I really like them too.

I also want to mention that I often play with just my fingers. I find the best tone you can ever get with a pick is still not as good as the tone you get when you play with your fingers. For some serious proof, I'll mention one name - Jeff Beck. Nuff said. :)

marnold
March 5th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I also want to mention that I often play with just my fingers. I find the best tone you can ever get with a pick is still not as good as the tone you get when you play with your fingers. For some serious proof, I'll mention one name - Jeff Beck. Nuff said. :)
I won't debate that (could mention another: Mark Knopfler) but that particular point is irrelevant for me since I don't have the requisite fingertips to use. I've liked the v-picks for that very reason. They're easier to grip and the pointy, beveled edge of the Screamers help from a precision standpoint. It's more of a grip benefit than necessarily a tonal one for me (although that's there as well).

MAXIFUNK
March 5th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I never gave a moments thought to how the pick I use affects the sound I get.
The newbie keeps getting feed knowledge Thanks guys.

I'll try out some of these that are mention here to see what I think.