PDA

View Full Version : Can I use a Line 6 POD in front of an Amp?

Commodore 64
March 7th, 2010, 07:09 AM
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/1631837602.html

Ther's Line 6 POD 2.0 on CL. I've been wanting a compression pedal as well as some other effects. Can I run a POD in front of my amp? I guess I'm thiking of like a pedal with no footswitch type deal?

I'm also trying like hell to get in touch with another seller who has got a Valve Jr head up there for 50 bucks.

sumitomo
March 7th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I don't see why not.I use my tone port in front of an amph.Mine sounds better into a clean amph.Sumi:D

Geraint Jones
March 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Are the pod 6s any good , will it make my amp sound like a `73 plexi blackface tweed boogie thing that goes all the way to 11 ? Or will it sound like ersatz electronica . [I`ve noticed a few different pod 6 types as well which are the best for bedroom strummin.{ahem}

kiteman
March 8th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Whatever amp model you use your amp will color the tone. To get true amp modeling you need a flat response amp like a powered speaker or a power amp.

However you can use the return port on your amp if it has one. That's to the power stage of your amp and your pod will be the pre-amp.

Jipes
March 9th, 2010, 03:56 AM
I did play once with my guitar plugged into the POD2.0 linked to my amp and it was sounding great no major worries :AOK