PDA

View Full Version : A little Mr. Winter for your lunch hour.

M29
March 8th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Some early Johnny for your listening pleasure.

Man did you ever work a crowd like that? Their tough.

8Tyg5SJDpiQ&feature=related

duhvoodooman
March 8th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Recognize the bass player? Good look at his face at about 5:30....

Bloozcat
March 8th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Looks like Tommy Shannon to me...

duhvoodooman
March 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Give that man a cee-gar! :AOK :dude :applause

Bloozcat
March 8th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Johnny Winter is one of my favorite all time guitar players. I have 13 of his albums, and saw him 3-times in concert.

It makes me very sad to see him now...

M29
March 8th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I never would have guessed that one! Thanks guys.

Johnny is one of my favs as well!!

msteeln
March 8th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Man did you ever work a crowd like that? Their tough.It looked like a pro shoot, so the crowd may have had to suffer thru the typical crap involved. Kinda takes the edge/fun off. But the lights should have been dimmed and the cameras kept on the band.

FrankenFretter
March 8th, 2010, 01:48 PM
It looked like a pro shoot, so the crowd may have had to suffer thru the typical crap involved. Kinda takes the edge/fun off. But the lights should have been dimmed and the cameras kept on the band.
That first guy they show in the crowd looks like a Mike Meyers character.

guitardan777
March 10th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Ah yes...some good stuff there M29.....

I can recall some crowds like that, you play your but off on something like Highway Star or Jessica and they just sit there.......
Then you try something like Spooky or Mustang Sally and they all go nuts....

Makes for a long night......

Katastrophe
March 10th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Nice Wilshire he's playing. Gotta love Mr. Winter. The crowd does look a little sullen, don't they?

M29
March 10th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Yeah young Johnny is playing and signing his heart out and a good part of the crowd are hangin their heads in their hands. Yeah msteeln it looks like a pro shoot, TV I suppose. You think a good portion of their fans would be there to support and hoop and holler for them. Then again maybe they told them they were recording and to be quiet. :thwap

Go Johnny go!!

ZMAN
March 17th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Yes Tommy Shannon was his bass player in the beginning. He is on the Second Winter album.
Amazing how it goes. I saw him at a sold out concert at Maple Leaf Gardens. in Toronto on the early 70s. Then you could see him at a local bar called the Down Under in St. Catharines Ontario for the price of a beer in the 80s.