PDA

View Full Version : Bombshell Guitar demo

otaypanky
March 11th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Here's a video clip of a Bombshell Guitar, Standard Plus model. Lollar P-90's, played through a Princeton Reverb Re~Issue ~

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVJ32uq0h3g&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jVJ32uq0h3g&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

kidsmoke
March 11th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Some fine pickin' and a sweet guitar Bob, thanks for taking the time.

Lollar winds a great p'up. Had a chance to play his P90's before. Something special.

Retro Hound
March 11th, 2010, 08:24 AM
That was sure fun to listen to. So if I buy one will I play that good?

otaypanky
March 11th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Just make sure to ask John to make one with lots of good notes and fun in it for you Retro : )

And yes Tio, the Lollar's are just insane

Thanks for listening ;)

mrmudcat
March 11th, 2010, 10:50 AM
nice tone brother!!!

FrankAxtell
March 11th, 2010, 11:29 AM
beautiful guitar and your playing was very enjoyable....thanks for posting...

otaypanky
March 11th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks, the guitar was a birthday present that was ordered by my wonderful wife as a surprise. It took a while to get, but was really worth the wait. The builder had some real big life changing events occur that delayed things a while. But both my wife and this guitar are keepers for sure !

kidsmoke
March 11th, 2010, 12:13 PM
OTP, seems that the the Bombshell Standard comes equipped with a single p90 at the bridge, What did you play the majority of the demo on, bridge or neck? I didn't notice you switching.

Ok, went back and looked, it appears you go neck to bridge at about 5 min?

Man, so clean. What a great guitar. Looks like you're having a blast too. Can't top that.:AOK

Algonquin
March 11th, 2010, 12:26 PM
That was great Bob!... awesome sounding plank you've got there :AOK

sumitomo
March 11th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I'm a blues lover,so you know I liked the playing and great tone and great guitar face also.Sumi:D

bcdon
March 11th, 2010, 04:02 PM
That is some great playing, Bob! Thanks for sharing this with us.

If you liked Bob's playing you should really check out his other artistry: making the nicest guitar straps around.

To celebrate my 22nd anniversary, my wife bought me one of his fantastic custom made straps. I'm still waiting for the Canadian Post to deliver it but Bob shot these great videos detailing the whole creation process.

BTxM1EvBTeE
sZl_nz2kue0
gKLfAgyzG4g
czb-NpQpkyg
GIqoIBt0SRE

I'll post pictures of my new Brookwood Leather strap as soon as it arrives. In the meantime head on over to http://www.brookwoodleather.com/ and browse the gallery.

Now, all I need is about 100 years of practice and I'll be able to play like Bob. :-)

Katastrophe
March 11th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Great playing, and beautiful guitar, man!

otaypanky
March 11th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks Kat
for what John charges for these compared to what you get from the big brands for similar cost or more, it's a really good buy too

Tig
March 11th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Yowza, you sure got some great chops goin' on, brother! I couldn't do that guitar justice, but you certainly do.

Those Lollar p-90's sing soulful sweetness. Which winding style are they, 50's or Scatter wound?

piebaldpython
March 11th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Nice sounding git. Great clean pups.

otaypanky
March 12th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure what they are Tig. One time when I had spoken with John I got the impression they were something he had discussed with the folks at Lollar. I don't know if it's a regular Lollar offering or something unique.
I took the guitar and played out with it for the first time and I nearly split my face from smiling :happy

Yowza, you sure got some great chops goin' on, brother! I couldn't do that guitar justice, but you certainly do.

Those Lollar p-90's sing soulful sweetness. Which winding style are they, 50's or Scatter wound?