PDA

View Full Version : Back from Vacation

ZMAN
March 11th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Just got in last night from a 3 week vacation in Florida. Probably the coolest time on record for Fla, but still sunny and bright most days. We were in a rented 3000 sq ft. home on Marco Island. Pretty upscale area.
I am now trying to catch up on all the latest things going on here.
I didn't want to hog my brothers lap top, so I have a lot to catch up on.
Of course the last day was the only day it hit 80 degrees since January.
Still a nice tan and some great memories.
Also an interesting episode with TSA at the Fort Myers airport. That is another story.

sunvalleylaw
March 11th, 2010, 10:34 AM
TSA, do tell! Welcome back!

mrmudcat
March 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Welcome back !! Where is the TSA thread ..........what is up with ya /////// ya
act like you have been on vacation!!:poke :what

Marco Island is nice brother:cool:

ZMAN
March 11th, 2010, 02:33 PM
TSA Story:
I am walking down the ramp to concourse D in SW Florida Airport and I see nobody there. I am a couple of hours early for my flight and about 20 TSA people in 3 lines just standing there. That should have rang some bells. My wife and I walk up and everyone decends on us like vultures. We are doing a new random swab test one lady says so my wife and I comply. They swab our hands and move forwar. We put our things on the roller and about 10 seconds later lights are flasing and alarms are sounding. "Sir you have tripped the alarms with the swab from your hands." says the lady. I am asked to step into an area in the middle surrounded by glass. I am told I will have to undergo a full "Pat Down" When I see the rubber gloves I am now a little worried.
I am told to extend my arms while a guy goes over my whole body making sure I have nothing hidden, even the soles of my feet. My carry on is unpacked and everything is swabbed. I am trying to think what the hell I touched that would cause this. Then I realized I had gassed up the rental just before I arrived at the airport, and that I had BBQd some brats before i left. My wife just thought they werent' busy so they had do do a ramdom test so why not now. Apparently a new procedure since that guy tried to blow up a plane in Detroit.
I do fit the pattern though. 62 year old white male. I did however have a good tan. It was laughable to say the least. I knew I had nothing to hide so I didn't sweat it.
But I tell you I will never go through those checklines without washing my hands thoroughly.

poodlesrule
March 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM
ahem, huh.... should we tell Zman about the secret giveaway he missed while being away in the sun..?

mrmudcat
March 11th, 2010, 05:58 PM
You mean those suhr guitars Robert bought everyone on the fret,,,,,,,,,,,,, those who were not on vacation:gossip

Blaze
March 11th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Welcome back Z ..

MAXIFUNK
March 11th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Glad To Hear Your All In One Piece!!!!

Welcome Back!!

ZMAN
March 11th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Were those giveaway guitars the ones that were recalled?

Spudman
March 11th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Were those giveaway guitars the ones that were recalled?

Only the early serial numbers. 14 of us have really nice guitars now. What do you think of yours Z? Oh wait, you were on vacation. Too bad.

sumitomo
March 11th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Zman I forgot a little swiss army knife (the small one) on my keys once while flying(I'll never do that again,unless I eat a ton of beans first).Sumi:D

ZMAN
March 12th, 2010, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=(I'll never do that again,unless I eat a ton of beans first).Sumi:D[/QUOTE]
That thought crossed my mind when I saw the guy put on the new gloves.
Missed the giveaway, Damn: but on a brighter light, my wife wouldn't have let me keep another guitar even if it was free!
Great vacation though. Golfed 4 rounds, visited Muscle Car City, in Punta Gorda, ate a ton of fresh seafood, and got a great tan, even with the cool temps. Saw Dolpins 10 feet away in the Canal at the back of the home.
and Palm trees in February. Can't get any better than that!

M29
March 12th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Welcome back ZMAN :rockon:

ZMAN
March 12th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks M: What is that guitar in your avatar? Love the look of that baby!