PDA

View Full Version : Robert Selling your JVM?

Neal
March 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-JVM-Series-JVM410H-Tube-Amp-Head_W0QQitemZ140388727356QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item20afd1fa3c

Katastrophe
March 11th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Uhhhhhh ohhhhhh. Looks to me like someone embedded a Robert vid to help sell a JVM.

Spudman
March 11th, 2010, 10:21 PM
First Gibson and now this. :eek: When will the madness stop? :thwap Looks like another lawsuit is going to be in order. I'll bet Rob never thought this would be how he'd make his first million dollars.

marnold
March 11th, 2010, 10:37 PM
UNLEASH . . . (wait for it!) . . . the veins of doom!

Robert
March 11th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Haha, I will crush him the with thunder of my veins, and collect while I am at it!
hahaha! :happy

sumitomo
March 11th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Well I thought you would be OK with this,guess I just have to find another vid.Oh well.You ought to be impressed Robert they made a good choice and your getting more seen more and more.Sumi:D

Robert
March 11th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Well, now that I have a great way to record my amps, using my GAP Pre-73 preamp, perhaps I should make a new and better sounding JVM demo?

rylanmartin
March 11th, 2010, 11:31 PM
hey guys, I'd like to focus everyone's attention to a website I'm developing. It's www.porpoiseavenue.com

Essentially, I've got all of Robert's videos, and some blogs he's written. I'm hoping it'll be working by the end of the month...

duhvoodooman
March 12th, 2010, 06:28 AM
hey guys, I'd like to focus everyone's attention to a website I'm developing. It's www.porpoiseavenue.com
:rollover :rollover :rollover

marnold
March 12th, 2010, 09:08 AM
And here I just registered manateeboulevard.net

duhvoodooman
March 12th, 2010, 10:17 AM
I just registered cetaceanthoroughfare.com (http://cetaceanthoroughfare.com) and hereby claim trademark supremacy....

Bloozcat
March 12th, 2010, 12:17 PM

Essentially, I've got all of Robert's videos, and some blogs he's written. I'm hoping it'll be working by the end of the month...

Now, that's funny....:rollover

Bloozcat
March 12th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Didn't this guy even attempt to get your permission to use your video, Robert?

Robert
March 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM
No attempt made, nope.... :)

Maybe he will send me a commission of the sale price? I can always hope! :eek:

Ch0jin
March 12th, 2010, 06:08 PM
No attempt made, nope.... :)

Maybe he will send me a commission of the sale price? I can always hope! :eek:

I'd take it as flattery, mostly because I know very little about this, or any other aspect of the law. I mean I started thinking who owns the copyright legally, the content creator, the uploader, youtube, or nobody (i.e. does uploading to youtube constitute acceptance your content is now PD)

I've read up on it a little as it pertains to photography and websites like Flickr (mostly because by the time I re-do my gallery I'll have over 1000 images, all copyrighted.) But I've no idea about youtube.

The auction is over so I cant see it, but I'd assume it was an embedded youtube clip, which means it's effectively a link back to youtube, which I'd think wasn't actually a copyright infringement as the content never moved and the source is not concealed. My gut feel is that this is very different to someone taking and image from your website and using it on theirs (which I'm sure IS an infringement as long as the original image was marked as copyright material)

If posting youtube clips to websites outside of youtube was an infringement of copyright, plenty of us, me included would be guilty of it.

Anyway.

Robert
March 12th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah, no worries, I ain't crying over this. ;)

mainestratman
March 13th, 2010, 05:30 AM
I'd email the guy and ask for a tribute from the sale for using your video.. just to see what he says... LOL