PDA

View Full Version : Guitar magazine question

Robert
September 27th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Our daughter is selling magazines for school. There are only 2 guitar mag options.

Guitar Player

Guitar World

Which one would you pick for a year's subscription?

Tone2TheBone
September 27th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Guitar Player definately.

Tim
September 27th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Yep, that's my vote too!

Spudman
September 27th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I'd have to say Guitar Player too. I had a suscription for about 15 years and perfered the old style of longer articles that the current editions don't have. Still they do a good job.

Guitar World is good too and they have more popular music transcriptions. Still G.P. is the best quality.

marnold
September 28th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I'm not familiar with GP. I had a subscription for a year to GuitarWorld. Besides having delivery problems (which I think have since been fixed) the content seemed to be a bit lacking. For the past year I've been subscribing to GuitarOne which is tons better, IMHO, especially with the CD.

fender tele
September 28th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Definitely Guitar Player.

They cover ALL styles of music in just about every issue, one way or another. There's quite a few lessons, tons of gear reviews, etc etc

The new format is growing on me.

Robert
September 28th, 2006, 08:47 AM
GP is okay, but some of the authors have a writing style I am not a big fan of. The Molenda guy... I flip the page as fast as I can when I see anything written by him. But GW is no better.

fender tele
September 28th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I agree....Molenda tries WAAAYY too hard to be "hip"....or something. He loves to point out that he was into punk music & played in punk bands, etc etc

Robert
October 3rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
Guitar Player it is then. The drawback is I will get hit badly by GAS once a month when the new mag dumps down in my mail box. All these new shiny amps and geetars and stomping boxes - oh my! My signature is probaly long enough as it is. Oh well, why fight an addiction that isn't causing bodily harm (not to me anyway)?

SuperSwede
October 3rd, 2006, 10:44 PM
Robert, once I actually get a new scanner I can send you Fuzz scans. That magazine (sorry guys, Swedish only) is the best guitar mag ever.

Robert
October 4th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Swede, that is too kind of you and not really necessary. It sounds like a lot of work.

SuperSwede
October 4th, 2006, 09:16 AM
I havent got a scanner yet, but I´m going to scan a few stuff for another guy. But probably not before christmas ;)

Spudman
October 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Robert, once I actually get a new scanner I can send you Fuzz scans. That magazine (sorry guys, Swedish only) is the best guitar mag ever.

Fuzz scans? Come on. So far we have been able to keep this forum clean and now you want to send Fuzz scans! Yeesh!!:D

Robert
October 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM
:D I think SuperSwede is talking about the mag with those females with very "non-wintery" clothes playing guitars...

SuperSwede
October 5th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Ouch!
Its almost as hot, its a swedish guitar magazine. Very good one, dont you think Robert?
http://www.tidningsbutiken.se/magimages/fuzz.jpg

Ps. the more fuzzy kind of magazines will be sent by regular mail only :D

Robert
October 5th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Yes, Fuzz is a great magazine. I buy it every time I go to Sweden.