March 13th, 2010, 08:38 AM
A quickie I did at lunch break yesterday -

wOL85WuZt_c

Kazz
March 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Robert's doing quickies on lunch.....

Robert
March 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM
How do you guys like these tones I was getting?

Yeah, I do quickies over lunch break sometimes, don't you? ;)

bcdon
March 13th, 2010, 11:33 PM
How do you guys like these tones I was getting?

Yeah, I do quickies over lunch break sometimes, don't you? ;)
The 2nd position (1 o'clock) was my favourite. Great tonality. The last position (cranked) was nice as well while I found the first position a tad anemic. Great demo, as ever. Thanks!

tjcurtin1
March 14th, 2010, 05:56 PM
The sound/tone is not bad, but seems to be a little lifeless somehow - what bcdon meant by 'anemic' I guess. Just doesn't really grab me.

Robert
March 15th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys, well it's a class A single ended amp. They all seem to have a certain sound in common - especially when they are pushed. This amp sounds better with my Suhr, I think. Maybe just single coils in general are better for this type of amp? I dunno, but I get a very similar sound with my Mack GEM if I use my Swede.

TS808
March 16th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks guys, well it's a class A single ended amp. They all seem to have a certain sound in common - especially when they are pushed. This amp sounds better with my Suhr, I think. Maybe just single coils in general are better for this type of amp? I dunno, but I get a very similar sound with my Mack GEM if I use my Swede.

I don't think the amp sounded "bad" but I think some of the other gear that is out there sounds better and perhaps at a more affordable price.

So many manufacturers are coming out now with low wattage heads, there are quite a few to choose from.

piebaldpython
March 16th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I liked the second position best too. The first just seemed "cleaner", as in no grit.....which is fine if that's what you like. So, perfect for pedal steel sounds.

Robert, you were just adjusting the VOLUME knob on the amp, not the TONE, right? If YES, then we have a perfect example for keeping the volume knob on the amp set higher and if you want it less loud, then roll back the volume on your git..

Robert
March 16th, 2010, 09:10 AM
piebaldpython - correct, I didn't adjust the tone.