PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Gear Clip!!

TS808
March 14th, 2010, 07:56 PM
This is a Squier Deluxe Strat plugged straight in to a Line 6 Spider IV using a Shure SM57:

http://www.box.net/shared/55rbtibrbm

Enjoy...sorry for any sloppy playing.

piebaldpython
March 14th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Nice stuff. Vaguely reminiscent of Stephen Stills solo work on Wooden Ships. Very mellow tone.

TS808
March 15th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Nice stuff. Vaguely reminiscent of Stephen Stills solo work on Wooden Ships. Very mellow tone.

It's a surprisingly warm amp for digital. Very good bass response.

sunvalleylaw
March 18th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks TS808, I enjoyed that! Nice and warm. Amazing what tones you can get from a Squire and a cheap amp these days.

TS808
March 24th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks TS808, I enjoyed that! Nice and warm. Amazing what tones you can get from a Squire and a cheap amp these days.

I agree....I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality and tones of the Spider IV. I actually think they surpass the tones and features of the Duoverb and Flextone III that I owned in the past. Buying the Spider IV really changed my impressions of the Spider line. It isn't just a "beginners" or "basement player" amp. Some serious tones in there, and it doesn't seem to take as much tweaking as the Flextone or Duoverb did. Line 6 claims that this is their most advanced modeling thus far, and I agree.

The Squier Deluxe is surprisingly well built. Nice neck and pickups, and the trem unit is pretty good. The Squier is much lighter than my USA strats but is a very good guitar, not just for the money....but overall a decent guitar.