PDA

View Full Version : Arion SCH-1

Robert
September 27th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I just got this baby. Wow. I love it. It does a great leslie sound, and I couldn't stop playing last night after I got it hooked up. It's so fun to play with!

I will create some video clip for you soon so you can hear it.

It's an old 80s pedal that now is becoming sought after. You can find them on eBay.

Another thing, I just ordered a Mike Landau live album from www.abstractlogix.com - he uses this pedal too (so does Scott Henderson).

Spudman
September 27th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Cool. I've got the Arion SPH-1 phaser. It's the best phaser pedal that I've heard especially for how little it costs.

I'm glad to hear that other pedals in their line sound good too. It's the durability that could be an issue since the casing is plastic. Heck for the price just get another one. They're cheap!

Are you going to let us hear it?

duhvoodooman
September 27th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Are you going to let us hear it?
Yeah, what he said! :D

Robert
September 27th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah, yeah, as soon as I have time. I've got so much stuff on the go and my amps are beside a kid bedroom so can't do it late at night.

Just hold your horses!

Robert
September 30th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Ok, here is a quick clip - http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-25.php

Let me know what you think!

duhvoodooman
September 30th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Wow, you're right--that's got a great Leslie sound to it, Robert. Nice acquistion for your pedal collection!

Robert
October 1st, 2006, 08:09 AM
Yep, it is a very cool sounding pedal. It's a keeper! It also has tone knob for setting how bright the chorus sound is - very nice!

Tone2TheBone
October 3rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
The unit sounds good. Is that the fastest speed it gets on your demo? If so thats about how fast my Ibanez CS-9 goes. The reason I ask is because you played Cold Shot kinda slow and I think it's because you were playing to the speed of the pedal. Right? It sounds good though.

Robert
October 3rd, 2006, 09:01 AM
It goes a lot faster. I just used the setting I like on that video. I'll make another video with some different settings on the pedal. It is really a nice pedal. On of those hidden treasures of the past!