PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Brian Krashpad
March 17th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Slainté!

Erin go bragh!

There I've gone and exhausted my Irish.

duhvoodooman
March 17th, 2010, 02:17 PM
There I've gone and exhausted my Irish.
You must be thirsty after that! I suggest a pint or two of Guinness! :D :D :D

Eric
March 17th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I'm on a mission tonight to find some green beer.

FrankenFretter
March 17th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Since my people (Okay, it's a small exaggeration. But I do have Irish on both mother and father's sides, so I feel that I can say that) are known for their tendency to drink and fight, I invited my brother and cousin down this weekend so we can cover those two bases nicely. We'll drink, then we'll argue about who's turn it is to buy the next round, and then a royal donnybrook shall ensue.

And Eric... Green beer is blasphemy. Drink a Guinness, lad. Better yet, have an Irish Car Bomb. That'll help ya get yer Irish on!

Brian Krashpad
March 17th, 2010, 03:10 PM
You must be thirsty after that! I suggest a pint or two of Guinness! :D :D :D

Hear hear, me boyo!

Ahead of ya, though. 2/3 of the way through my first bottle of Guinness. I should probably have gone down to Brophy's and had a proper pint pulled, but I rarely if ever go out for drinks any more, though I do drink when I go out to play shows.

I love my job. Am sitting at me desk, listening to AccuRadio's "Radio Celt" via my computer, hooked up to a vintage Kustom 100 guitar head, into a '70's Ampeg SVT 8x10 cab as speaker.

It's good to be a Shareholder.

Blaze
March 17th, 2010, 03:16 PM
A Happy one to all ..

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/16500/Rock-On-Irish-Guitar--16654.jpg

duhvoodooman
March 17th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Since my people (Okay, it's a small exaggeration. But I do have Irish on both mother and father's sides, so I feel that I can say that) are known for their tendency to drink and fight, I invited my brother and cousin down this weekend so we can cover those two bases nicely. We'll drink, then we'll argue about who's turn it is to buy the next round, and then a royal donnybrook shall ensue.

And Eric... Green beer is blasphemy. Drink a Guinness, lad. Better yet, have an Irish Car Bomb. That'll help ya get yer Irish on!
I'm 1/4 Irish, and get it from my paternal grandmother, who was a "pure-blood". Her maiden name--Annie McGuire. It doesn't get much more Irish that that.... :eek:

sunvalleylaw
March 17th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Ah yes, the day I get to trot out that I have ancestors in Tipperary (along with a bunch of other countries :AOK . I have a Guinness in the fridge waiting for me for a bit later! Happy wearin' 'o the Green!

Brian Krashpad
March 17th, 2010, 03:25 PM

Guinness, or Smithwick's.

Oh Laird. Don't get me started on Irish Car Bombs. When Crash Pad had our 10th Anniversary Show at a place called the Shamrock, we made it a free show, but encouraged people to bring canned goods for the homeless, that I would take down to the local food bank. Little did I know that the house's policy was that at any benefit show, the house's policy was an UNLIMITED tab for the bands, with no limits on what brands or amounts might be ordered. I avoided the Car Bombs but others in the band were not so circumspect. We had to call our drummer's wife to come get him at the end of the night.

Plus, the house would buy us drinks that would mysteriously appear onstage with no explanation or warning. I have since learned to avoid shots or for that matter any liquor when drinking beer, but that night I did drink whatever this was:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8306/slainte01411a.jpg

God bless ye, Paul and Ciaran Brophy!

Eric
March 17th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, but I've had both of those. I've never had green beer. I want to experience some of those gaudy quasi-traditions while I can.

Anyway, off in search of green beer. Wish me luck!

Brian Krashpad
March 17th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah, but I've had both of those. I've never had green beer. I want to experience some of those gaudy quasi-traditions while I can.

Anyway, off in search of green beer. Wish me luck!

Break a leg!

May ye arrive in Heaven a half hour before the divil knows yer dead!

In other news, this is a VERY happy St. Pat's Day for me, my inlaws are renting this for a week this summer for them, us, and my brother-in-law's family:

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4748/capesanblas2010.jpg

Yay for virtually free vacations!

It's on Cape San Blas up in the Florida Panhandle. (Google it) Although the house is on the bay side of the spit, it has beach privileges on the Gulf side (a few hundred feet across the road).

Par-tay!

tremoloman
March 17th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I know this is old but it always makes me crack a smile.

nda_OSWeyn8

They even made a rap video for this!

SESy3p21OKU

Happy St. Patty's Day!

otaypanky
March 17th, 2010, 09:59 PM
2 minutes left to go
Grampa was one of 16 kids, Gramma one of 13, both born there ~
Yeah, I'm pretty Irish
Happy Saint Patty's Day :happy

Robert
March 17th, 2010, 10:31 PM
I had green bread today. :)

Eric
March 18th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Break a leg!
Found some! Man, there was some places that were obnoxious last night. Oddly, none of those had green beer. I eventually found some at a little corner bar.

Meh. Anyway, those look like some pretty awesome digs, Krashteban!

FrankenFretter
March 18th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Guinness, or Smithwick's.

Oh Laird. Don't get me started on Irish Car Bombs. When Crash Pad had our 10th Anniversary Show at a place called the Shamrock, we made it a free show, but encouraged people to bring canned goods for the homeless, that I would take down to the local food bank. Little did I know that the house's policy was that at any benefit show, the house's policy was an UNLIMITED tab for the bands, with no limits on what brands or amounts might be ordered. I avoided the Car Bombs but others in the band were not so circumspect. We had to call our drummer's wife to come get him at the end of the night.

Plus, the house would buy us drinks that would mysteriously appear onstage with no explanation or warning. I have since learned to avoid shots or for that matter any liquor when drinking beer, but that night I did drink whatever this was:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8306/slainte01411a.jpg

God bless ye, Paul and Ciaran Brophy!

Car bombs are sort of a bittersweet memory for me. They seem to lead to trouble. I think anything with Irish whiskey is trouble for me anyway. Bourbon is much safer.

Brian, I have a shirt that says, "I hate local music". I wear it every time I go to see a friend's band play a show. It's white text on a black shirt, so more or less the antithesis of your shirt.