PDA

View Full Version : new to forum :) nice guitar i thought id contribute to thread

scottish_bluesman
September 27th, 2006, 06:39 PM
hi there folks thought id share my fave guitar with yous
its a british make called patrick eggle
i luckly managed to get a hold of a berlin pro model and not put it down yet

have a look :)

http://www.patrickeggleguitars.com

Spudman
September 27th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Oh ya! That is a nice looking guitar. Is yours the same color?

Welcome to the thefret SB.

duhvoodooman
September 27th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Sweet looking axe--reminds me a lot of a PRS. Got a clip or two to post, so we can hear it?

Robert
September 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Beatiful geetar! Welcome, Scotsman! What kind of whisky do you prefer?

SuperSwede
September 27th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Welcome Scotsman! I second Roberts question. :)

tot_Ou_tard
September 28th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Beatiful geetar! Welcome, Scotsman! What kind of whisky do you prefer?
Whoaaa! An Eggle! Niiiiiiiiicccce.

I'l start the whisky conversation as I have (like many in the US & Canada)
alot of Scots blood in me.

I like nice peaty Isly malts like Laphroig & Ardbeg.

SuperSwede
September 28th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Arbeg is very tasty! I also enjoy Lagavulin and Bowmore. Very smoke/tar rich aroma :) :) :)

scottish_bluesman
September 28th, 2006, 10:46 PM
hey hey :) wow thanks for warm welcome, still yet to upload sound clip of the guitar eh im in the process of selling my vox ad50 in favour of getting he roland cube 60 for gigging but once i figured out how to record ill post up some clips for you kind folks.

ah and as fer the whisky , Laphroig, dalmore and royal brakla are my favourite blends at the moment :)

as for the guitar it is model 4 of a 100 that were made think to break into the US market they are basicly the british equivilant of a prs but half the weight and to me personally feel a lot of comfortable to play
pickups are seymour duncs sh59s body is maple/mahogany
fretboard is ebony guitar is about 11 years old here is some pics scuse the ugly guy playing it eh :P

mack
http://myspace-769.vo.llnwd.net/01225/96/78/1225488769_l.jpg

http://myspace-253.vo.llnwd.net/00891/35/28/891648253_l.jpg

SuperSwede
September 29th, 2006, 12:03 AM
Scotsman, that finish is awesome!

You should try to find a Roland Blues Cube. They are really good, and sounds much better imho than the Cube.
How do you like your Princeton?

scottish_bluesman
September 29th, 2006, 12:34 AM
blues cube ? darn roland site kept that one hidden eh im trying to find out what uk price would be as i only have 200 quid to play with. tbh i dont use the princeton that much rythym guitarist uses it more its a nice amp but there is something about the tone on it that sways me away from it

Lev
September 29th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Hey Mack, welcome onboard!

Why are you selling your Vox? I got one a few weeks back and I'm still in two minds about it. I'm wondering whether I should sell mine too, or perhaps a change of speaker might help. How did it hold up for you at gigs?

scottish_bluesman
September 29th, 2006, 01:57 AM
hey lev, reason im selling is because it doesnt like the digital effects im putting into it yet the cube seems to be fine
as for gigs i mean it holds well tbh we go through a 2k rig so backline is mic'd up trying to track down this blues cube 60 watt that super swede was kind enough to tell me about its a rare piece of kit over in uk :-z

SuperSwede
September 29th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Unfortunately Roland doesnt produce the blues cube anymore so you have to try find a used. Vernon Reid & George Benson has been featured in Blues Cube ads so that should give you a hint on both its quality and its versability.