PDA

View Full Version : Joe fans will like this!

sumitomo
March 19th, 2010, 08:35 AM
mLSzSt1VW6cSumi:D

duhvoodooman
March 19th, 2010, 09:07 AM
He's definitely got some of that JB LP tone workin' there. And Joe likes him, too:

Vva0BKYjlmY

Tig
March 19th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Goooood stuff!
Thx for exposing us to yet another great talent.

Found his music streaming at his myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/ryanmcgarvey
"Blue Eyed Angel Blues" sounds sweet.

Edit: Add "Mystic Dream".

Spudman
March 19th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Very nice. I hadn't heard of him.

Tig
March 25th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Just got his CD I ordered from DCbaby.com, "Forward in Reverse", and wow, this kid is talented. Each song was written by him. The first track, "Right in All the Wrong Ways", is full of slide licks similar to Billy Gibbons. A real smoker!

The tracks are varied, but all are blues based with some 70's and southern rock thrown in. Every songs has a few strong solo's for us guitar geeks to enjoy. Ryan's vocals are a bit weak, but there's passion in them, so that helps.

Track 5, "Texas Special", is a blazing rockabilly style barn burner that show licks that would make Brian Setzer a little envious.

Track 8, "Cryin' Over You", is a slower, BB King-like Chicago blues tune that pours out a healthy dose of classic blues, and winds up with a SRV powered solo. This could be the best of the album.

Track 9, "Mystic Dream" has a Mid-East vibe, but also reminds me of Eric Johnson and a little Blue Oyster Cult!

Last track, "Blue Eyed Angel Blues", defines his own style the best. An easy paced rock-blues song with some fiery solos thrown in.

Out of 10, I'll give the album an 8 if I just think about tracks 1,5,8,9,10. Overall, it drops to a 7.