PDA

View Full Version : Spouse says "Can I buy you some new jeans...?"

poodlesrule
March 19th, 2010, 12:27 PM
And 152 bucks later, I have four pairs of dungarees coming!

(Mumbling): uh... 150 bucks... jeans, my *ss! {shakes head sideways} hmm, {flips MF catalog...no, not that.. oh... nice one}

Does she NOT know about GAS...!??!
You guys gotta help me talk her out of this insane idea quickly, so that I can relocate the funds... where they are needed most!

player
March 19th, 2010, 02:19 PM
poodle.have you tried the kill her with kindnes thing yet?like may I get something I really want,I will get my own jeans Thank You.I don't buy you dresses do I! < ya might not want to use that one

bcdon
March 19th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Simple. Tell her this "Listen woman, I wear the pants in the family and I'll be happy to wear whatever kind you pick out for me."

FrankenFretter
March 19th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Pants are highly overrated. When you have your guitar strapped on, you're mostly covered anyway.

otaypanky
March 19th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Maybe she's dropping hints about the ones you wear now?
I'm old enough to remember walking home from high school and stopping to buy made in the USA Levi's for $4.50. Nowadays who knows where they're made, and they cost what, 10 times the price? No thanks. I get Faded Glory jeans for $8.oo and they're great. You could get 4 pairs and still have $120 or so left over for gear.

sunvalleylaw
March 19th, 2010, 10:13 PM
I hardly wear jeans anymore. More cords or khakis for casual long pants, and when I do get jeans, I get some used ones at a garage sale or something. Oversized Lucky's or GAP or whatever. I used to love 501s back in the day but my big skier legs/butt don't fit them so well once I was past 25.

poodlesrule
March 20th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Maybe she's dropping hints about the ones you wear now?

Well, last *new* ones were from a 1995 impluse buy online, Land's End, and I just "converted two of them into painting/brewing(beer) pants...
I did get a few nicely broken in yard sale ones along the way.

One of the new pairs on the way has some sort of elastic waist thing (that's not a nice hint at all, I did take notice, grr), but, another is a Spandex blend! For some reason, this makes me think of Elvis...

After the initial (jeans purchase) shock, I applied first aid therapy by ordering new strings, all is good again!

otaypanky
March 20th, 2010, 07:22 AM
When's the next beer tasting party for Fretters scheduled?