PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Defenders EP3 ear protection

Spudman
March 21st, 2010, 10:15 AM
I just discovered these ear plugs and I'm quite impressed. They cut the volume yet everything was still clear and I was actually able to relax during the gig and my head didn't feel like it was on another planet after the gig or the next morning/all day. I could carry on conversation very easily and all the quieter sounds we not missing. Very nice! They are very comfortable and probably the easiest plugs to put in that I've ever used.

http://www.surefire.com/EP3-Sonic-Defenders

They fit really well and are pretty unobtrusive. They have an option of inserting a plug into the channel to get more noise reduction. I think 16db is standard without inserting the plug.

If you look around the web you can find them for less than $15 and some of your local gun stores might even have them in stock.

http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/images_inv/v/k/24306/EP3_2_large.png

Katastrophe
March 21st, 2010, 01:24 PM
Nice, Spud! Hearing protection is important, and tinnitus sucks.

Once the hearing goes, it's gone for good. Kudos to you for wearing what should be standard safety equipment for every gigging musician.

Spudman
March 21st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Nice, Spud! Hearing protection is important, and tinnitus sucks.

Once the hearing goes, it's gone for good. Kudos to you for wearing what should be standard safety equipment for every gigging musician.

Huh? :what

No, I heard you. It's too late for me to keep tinnitus away but the plugs certainly help with the fatigue and foggy head feeling.

otaypanky
March 21st, 2010, 10:32 PM
I get 3M tri-flange ear plugs at Lowes Home Center. They're only $2.50 a pair and work well without making it sound like your head is stuffed full of cotton. I don't wear them while I play but will use them listening to thers that are a bit too loud. Noise reduction is good at 25 db. Conversation is still possible without difficulty and they are comfortable too. On the down side, the yellow shafts that protrude out from my skull do give me a remarkable resemblance to Frankenstein. Those Sonic Defenders look like they are a nice flush fir and probably unnoticeable