PDA

View Full Version : FrankenStrat

Kazz
March 22nd, 2010, 04:42 AM
There was no logo or identifying marks on this thing at all when I bought it last summer from a goodwill on shopgoodwill.com. It is Candy Apple Red and the gold base layer really shows through.....very nice looking paint if you ask me. I paid 50 bucks for this guitar with shipping included and it came with a case....not a good case mind you...but at least something.

When I got her the pick guard was loose and the connection to the jack output was broken. I started this thread about her then Kazz Strat Wiring Thread (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=13119)

I ended up buying a white guard off at MIM strait and of course it would not match up with the existing holes in the body so I took everything out of that guard and removed the white pup covers and loaded it all into the black guard that came with the guitar. Wired up the jack yesterday and put strings on her checked her out. We have music....badly played but still musical :-) Next step will be to find the allen head wrenches and adjust the action and intonation. With the Tele project coming up, this was a good first experience at soldering guitar parts together. It has been a long time since I picked up a soldering gun.