PDA

View Full Version : New lesson - fast rock guitar lick

Robert
March 22nd, 2010, 06:44 AM
How's this one? High gain tone with some delay, using my Suhr and the Spider Valve MkII.

XkwIiI29L8U

Commodore 64
March 22nd, 2010, 07:08 AM
Do you have some sort of compression/sustainer active?

Robert
March 22nd, 2010, 07:27 AM
No, its just veiny fingers, guitar, cord, and amp. :)

Commodore 64
March 22nd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Damn I need to get me some of those kinds of fingers then, or somethin'!

sumitomo
March 22nd, 2010, 08:54 AM
Cool Robert,I couldn't help but hear a Metal version of Baby Please Don't Go.Sumi:D

Robert
March 22nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys, it's fun to play with super high gain sometimes. I had the Drive knob maxed out for this tone... but I played at super low volume too.

mainestratman
March 22nd, 2010, 11:05 AM
That's pretty close to one of my "staple" licks that I use... I'll run up to the 17th fret on the e string and back down before moving to the G and D strings, then depending if my fingers are actually behaving and I have time, I'll run a similar pattern all the way up to the top E string.

It's a super-impressive sounding lick either way, and can be easily played when intoxicated. :-)

Robert
March 22nd, 2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks. Now check out the comments that overture2152 have started... oh man .... :thwap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkwIiI29L8U

Neal
March 22nd, 2010, 06:53 PM
:applause So glad that you're back up. I feel fresh encouragment.

Keep it coming.

Commodore 64
March 22nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks. Now check out the comments that overture2152 have started... oh man .... :thwap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkwIiI29L8U

LoL yeah, I saw that this morning. What a doucheface. Rest assured, boss, that those of us who aren't as good as Paul Gilbert appreciate your lessons.

oldguy
March 22nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
Great lick, Robert. You did a nice job explaining it, also. IMO the Spider sounds weak compared to your other amphs, but you made it sound good.
On another note, you'll get those comments from the "experts" from time to time when you post vids on the "Tube". I pretty much ignore them anymore.
If someone doesn't get what you're trying to do by posting vids of lessons like yours, screw 'em. There are lots of little attention-hungry posers out there who think it's all about them. They make belittling comments to see who'll bite and argue with them about who's more informed.
Ignore that BS, post for all the people who appreciate your efforts, and thanks for the time it took to do the vid!:applause

mainestratman
March 22nd, 2010, 07:26 PM
And those of us who aren't as good as Hendrix... or still wanking to the undies section of the JC Penny's catalog.

:-D

Robert
March 22nd, 2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.