PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Bob at Eurotubes

Spudman
March 22nd, 2010, 03:25 PM
I had a few amph issues that I was unsure of and I needed some new tubes so I called Eurotubes and Bob answered the phone. He was very helpful in pointing me the direction I needed to go. He does have a lot of experience and tube amph knowledge. He was nicely conversant and informative about some other issues too. I came a way with a very good feeling from our exchange and just wanted to mention it here in case you might be looking for tube/amph assistance. I think you'll be pleased with Eurotubes' service. Eddie, who works there too, is also a great guy and very helpful. I just feel that it's rare these days to get good human interaction form so many businesses. They seem to all be somewhat complacent and unconcerned with customer service. Not so at Eurotubes.

Now I get to take his advice and put it to use on the bandstand this weekend. I'm really looking forward to the improved performance out of my amph.

Robert
March 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
Way go to go Bob! He is great.

Which amp are you referring to?

sunvalleylaw
March 22nd, 2010, 04:21 PM
LOL!! I wonder how our persistent use of "amph" for "amp" or affects search engines.

oldguy
March 22nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Right you are. I've dealt with Bob Pletka for years. In fact, the links on his site led me to TheFret!
I've purchased complete sets of tubes for my Super Reverb, Traynor, and others from him. Plus an assortment for my Valve Junior after I modded it.
He told me how to bias my SoCal and where the bias pot was, and has always been great to deal with. I buy all my JJ's from Bob simply because of the level of customer service and friendly banter, he's the best!

Commodore 64
March 22nd, 2010, 06:54 PM
Eddie was patient, knowledgeable and helpful when I wanted to retube my BHLG. I'll be a repeat customer.

otaypanky
March 22nd, 2010, 08:37 PM
I've been buying from Bob for 14 or 15 years, for all the reasons you guys just listed.

Here's to you Bob, cheers :beer:

Bloozcat
March 23rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
Bob Pletka is the go to guy for JJ tubes. Very knowledgeable and great customer service. The kind of guy you want to see succeed.

birv2
March 24th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Every time I play my Pro Jr, I think kindly of Bob and the JJ tubes he recommended and sold me. It sounds better and better.

I'm not an amp tech, but I have a feeling he's right about the PJ and how it's biased "hot", which gives it that juicy tone.

Great guy to deal with.