PDA

View Full Version : JamVOX -- this is new, I take it?

Eric
March 23rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
Anyone heard of these?

http://www.voxamps.com/jamvox/

Seems like another amalgamation of modeling, audio interface, and DAW, but with two notable exceptions:
1. It comes with speakers built in
2. You can supposedly drop out the guitar or vocal track of any tune you load into the software

Some guy at work was interested in them, so I thought I'd see what you guys think. My initial thought is that there's probably not much advantage to this over some combination of an amp, pedal, looper, and/or backing tracks, but who knows?

MAXIFUNK
March 23rd, 2010, 01:15 PM
you just missed out this was the deal of the day yesterday on MF for $119.00.

Eric
March 23rd, 2010, 01:27 PM
you just missed out this was the deal of the day yesterday on MF for $119.00.
Yeah, I think that's why said coworker mentioned it. Doesn't seem like something I'd buy anyway, so thankfully I can avoid being bitter about it.

Justaguyin_nc
October 8th, 2010, 10:52 PM
VOX JamVox is on sale for $99.00 right now at: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-JamVOX-Guitar-Jam-and-Practice-Tool?sku=159906

Since I been watching Robert play at Dolphin Street on his Valvetronix, I always happen to overlook buying that amp when the time comes.

When VOX came out with the JAMvox, it was time to try one out. I think these failed due to software having bugs at first.
The software is now updated to version 1.52 and works very well, exceptionally well for me in win7.

Another drawback, VOX made a Lucnhbox sized interface that was to GOOD! They didn't think about computer nerds with their USB or 1/8 headphone jacks.
Everything on this solid box is 1/4 inch. They should have thrown in a 1/8-1/4 adaptor so they would get better reviews.
The little speakers it comes with, are actually good for what they are. Flat response speakers. No extra bass or room verb, just what you put in.
This also makes the average computer nerd feel they are lacking and gives bad reviews. They are not 7.1 surround sound or bass heavy,
they reproduce a correct sound at bedroom levels. Once you get that set in your mind, they are pretty darn good for their size.

Headphones ofcourse are better. You also have the option of line out to anything you wish, real monitors or a stereo etc etc.
another great feature is a jack for your Wah pedal and footswitch. plus a Line In.
Also, on the front is a mic input to go along with the guitar input.
this little lunchbox works very well as a complete sound interface with windows.

I have no troubles using it with windows 7 while having other of the same installed such as Line 6 TonePort/Studio and G-dec 3.

I been happy with mine and would say grab one at this price! They include a few CD's of 60's thru 90's backings also.
It gave me the chance to see what ValveTronix is all about. Good Hard Plastic box with metal speaker grill.

I must say, I like my Line 6 GX and farm 2.0 for pure computer based tones and like my G-Dec 3 for a practice AMP connected or not to computer.
But there are some great features and sounds with the JAMvox as well and at the price they sell for, well worth it.

Not only can you rip CD's into it, you just drag and drop other songs located on your computer and they are now in the library.
You can use any recording package but there is also Recording built in and a pretty slick package.
You can set markers up to change tone presets during the song. You can save and add other tracks.

You get a bunch of presets and there are more to download plus ToneLab-LE patches also work and import just fine.
You have an option of auditioning patches with built in LP, Strat and Tele loops of various setups.
I use this all the time while listening to a song and figure what preset sounds the best to me with it.

And ofcourse they brag about their gXt to extract guitar from songs. This does not work flawlessly, but it works pretty good.

If nothing else it mutes most of the guitar and you have adjustment options.
It's another added feature they should not brag about but let people know it's available and workable with practice.

I like checking all these different computer based amps out.and this one has it's place especially for the price.

Justaguyin_nc
October 13th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Justa headsup..
The sale has come to an end at Musiciansfriend but guitar center now has it for 99.00 http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-JamVOX-Multi-Effects-Processor-105146310-i1425115.gc

worth every penny..or nickels or dimes..