PDA

View Full Version : Bossy Clean - Spider Valve MkII

Robert
March 23rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
One of the presets on this amph. Nice tone, me thinks.

bqUePaz9Fzc

Katastrophe
March 23rd, 2010, 06:41 PM
Gawd, but that model is worth the price of the amph right there! Clean, sparkly, beautiful.:applause

Tig
March 23rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
Classy, glassy clean! I never thought a Line 6 amph could pull that off so well.

sumitomo
March 23rd, 2010, 08:57 PM
Very cool Robert,I can tell your liking that amph,That smerk at the end says it all.LOL !!!! Sumi:D

mainestratman
March 24th, 2010, 07:45 AM
This may be because I've been a rock guy my whole life, but I'll be honest.. my ear hears "clean" and "not clean". For variations of "clean" I've always tweaked the EQ a little.

So what am I missing?

(More great playing, Robert.. you should be on the soundtrack for Diablo III..)

sunvalleylaw
March 24th, 2010, 10:37 PM
That is very nice! I really like that tone! I guess I like mostly relatively low gain sounds. I like this much more than the high gain clip you posted.

SuperSwede
March 25th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Very clean! Got a little AC30 chime happening too . :)

Robert
March 25th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Thanks, I'm learning how to best mike amps too... so I'm getting some good training here. For some reason, the mike isn't quite picking up as good of a sound as what my ears are hearing when I'm playing. I think perhaps the time has come to upgrade my audio interface to an Apogoee Duet.

SuperSwede
March 25th, 2010, 08:02 AM
You could try moving the mic further away from the speaker cone to add some more room ambience. SM57?

mainestratman
March 25th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I've always been a fan of trying to capture "room ambiance", if space allows. Without the character of the cab, which you can't really get with the mic pressed up against the screen (IMHO), you may as well DI it. :-)