PDA

View Full Version : Reverb Pedal ideas

Rabies
September 28th, 2006, 02:26 PM
I was wondering if some of you guys could give me some feedback on reverb pedals? I'm going to be needing one when I get my Valve Junior, and I'm a bit torn. Of course you've got your Boss reverb pedals, which are good, but expensive. The Line 6 reverb pedal looks nice, but again, expensive. Then you've got the Holy Grail reverb, which people say is good, but I read reviews that say it is ultra noisy. I don't want noise. Being a cheapskate Dano fan, I'm considering the little Corned Beef pedal, but I read that it is just crap. More like delay than reverb. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm also gonna get the Ernie Ball Stereo Pan Pedal. 6165 is the model I believe. MF has it for like 150 bucks. I'm a Pearl Jam fan, and I remember reading an old article where Stone Gossard talks about it, and it made me want to get one to put in between the Valve Junior, and my AD30VT. Pedal all the way down, and you've got Valve Junior, pedal all the way up and you've got AD30VT and so forth. And you can blend A and B anywhere in the middle.

Nelskie
September 28th, 2006, 04:41 PM
This topic was covered in a previous thread - - here:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1225

Cranium
September 28th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Btw Nelskie how do you like the Reflector?

Nelskie
September 29th, 2006, 06:06 AM
It's a really nice pedal. I haven't played it through all of my guitars / amps yet, but so far - I like it a lot. It's very quiet, and each of the (6) reverb settings adds a nice effect without coloring the tone. I'm planning on posting a full review on it sometime in Oct., after the "gushiness" of it being new gear has worn off. ;)

SuperSwede
September 29th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Nelskie, you already know that the "gushiness" will be over in October?
Man you are a experienced gear buyer... ;)

Tone2TheBone
September 29th, 2006, 10:24 AM
I really like the new Marshall pedals. I'd be interested in both the Reflector and the Echohead next.

Nelskie
September 29th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Nelskie, you already know that the "gushiness" will be over in October? Man you are a experienced gear buyer... ;)
In some ways I am - in others, no. To me, it always seems too easy to rave about new gear right after you get it. Six months down the road, if you're still using it, and its working out for you, then its served its purpose.

I really like the new Marshall pedals. I'd be interested in both the Reflector and the Echohead next.
Yeah - they're really nice. Solid, well-built, easy to tweak, and great-sounding. I'm thinking about getting that Bluesbreaker II pedal next, so I can launch myself headfirst into full "Beano Mode". ;)