PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Fine Lookin' Axe....

duhvoodooman
September 28th, 2006, 02:59 PM
My "pro musician" friend here at work had one of his Les Paul's in his car a couple of days ago, because he was going directly from work to a practice session for his band. He brought it in so that I could check it out, and I took the opportunity to grab a couple of photos. It's a LP Classic 1960 reissue model, produced in 2000. It has that very fast, thin '60 style neck, which I really liked the feel of. The hardware is all vintage style, though the pickups are open, rather than having the usual nickel covers. He doesn't like LP pickguards, so that had been removed. The color, a transparent amber-yellow, is quite striking, and the wood grain is gorgeous. Wish I'd had a Marshall stack to plug it into and see how it sounded, but somehow I suspect my employer might frown on that. But if it sounds as good as it looks, it must be something special!

Here are the pix I took:

588 589 590

Cranium
September 28th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Its not that pretty...although I was never a fan of LP's, but I bet it plays and sounds sweet :D.

duhvoodooman
September 28th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Its not that pretty...
Eye of the beholder, as they say. It sure looked gorgeous to me, but I've loved LP's ever since I looked at the back of the Beano album....

Nelskie
September 28th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Its not that pretty....
*laughs* . . . :rolleyes: *bites tongue* Um . . . OK.

From my perspective - that guitar is a flat-out stunner! As in drop-dead gorgeous! What's your buddy run it through amp-wise? Stock p'ups? I sure hope there's a few Zeppelin or Aerosmith numbers in his band's setlist, too! ;)

warren0728
September 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM
it looks stunning to me as well....although i would put some pickup covers on those humbuckers....

ww

Spudman
September 28th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Where is the whammy bar and the third pickup? Looks like a fake to me.:rolleyes:

All kidding aside...I just drooled on my keyboard. Very nice axe.

SuperSwede
September 29th, 2006, 12:06 AM
That is pure candy DVM.. You should have done the "look behind you! A three headed monkey!" thing and run home to your amps :D

duhvoodooman
September 29th, 2006, 04:37 AM
What's your buddy run it through amp-wise? Stock p'ups? I sure hope there's a few Zeppelin or Aerosmith numbers in his band's setlist, too!
He's got amps out the wazoo, too. Three Marshall half-stacks, three different Mesa Boogie heads + a combo, two Madison stacks (small amp maker in CO), and Valve Jr. head. And that's just the ones I know about!

P'ups are stock.

I know his band does a lot of classic rock covers, so I would guess Zep and Aerosmith are well represented....