PDA

View Full Version : NOGD 1976 Fender Strat - Video & Picture

Jimi75
March 25th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hey there fretters,

The past 6-7 months had been pretty stressful, but in a very positive way. Besides my regular job, I had three major music projects that required 7-10 hours of extra work per week. I have diminished my online time to a minimum and concentrated on composing, recording, producing and of course GITAAAAH PLAYING :-) Was more of a forum reader during that time.

After having finished the last music project last week, I rewarded myself with a longtime dream of mine. A Strat that is almost as old as I am :-)

This lady is one year younger than I am. I have checked a bunch of seventies Strats and I must say that you can easily forget about all the predjudices against mid and late 70s CBS period Fender guitars. Most of the guitars I have played were beautiful and great sounding instruments, way better than most of the instruments you can buy today. I wonder why so many forums are full of horror information on these guitars. It's like with everything you can buy. Go, test, decide, buy! There's always good and bad.

I had to decide between two very lightweighted guitars, a 74 and this 76 Hard Tail, but this 76 was really talking to me. It's natural growl and all the blues miles this baby drove over the past 34 years left an unmistakable MOJO and tone. I bought it at my favourite dealer who bought it from the first owner, so everything about this guitar is 100% original - I have thouroughly checked this with the help of a very reputable vintage dealer. Everything is just perfect about this instrument and it feels like the perfect Strat for me.

Here's a little widdelywiddelywiddely clip I made a couple of days ago. You can see from the look in my eyes that I am in love with this instrument *lol* I hope you enjoy the video and the pic.
S08uABHkLX0

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5176/76erstrat003.jpg (http://img716.imageshack.us/i/76erstrat003.jpg/)

hubberjub
March 25th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Jimi,
I saw that you posted this video on Youtube the other day. I love 70's Strats. Nice guitar and great video.

Tig
March 25th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Beautiful tones (your playing has a lot to do with that) and it looks great!
That guitar has an old soul.

marnold
March 25th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Good score, Jimi! Sounds great too. Looking forward to hearing through the Marshall.

sunvalleylaw
March 25th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Nice to see you back Jimi! I missed your presence here. Beautiful looking guitar! I will play the clip in a little while when I have time. Cheers!

Blaze
March 25th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Nice lookin Strat Jimi :AOK

Enjoy that tone and your great playin ..:applause

Katastrophe
March 25th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Great find, Jimi! She is a beauty, and your playing sounds fantastic. Man, I just love those Strat tones.

Glad to see you back as well.

My first guitar teacher had a mid 70s Strat that he had slapped a hot rails pickup in. It wasn't anywhere near as nice as yours, and the neck was like a noodle, but man it sure did play great. There was a lot of great music made in the 70s on then new Strats. Sounded great then, and sounds great now!

Lev
March 26th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Nice to have you back Jimi. Very cool strat and awsome playing!

Geraint Jones
March 26th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Beautiful Strat Jimi I guess this ones a keeper .

Jipes
March 26th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Great Axe Himi I was wondering what amp did you use for this clip ? There's lots of great tones and harmonics and the guitar look in great condition for an old lady :AOK

Jimi75
March 26th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Great Axe Himi I was wondering what amp did you use for this clip ? There's lots of great tones and harmonics and the guitar look in great condition for an old lady :AOK

Well actually it is the Line6 gearbox software simulating a Fender Bassman 59 with a RAT overdrive.

This comes the closest to my real world set up which is a Marshall JTM45 plus a Fulltone OCD - you can imagine the real set up sounds many times better than the virtual one.

Thank you for your kind feedback! That old lady has a soul, really!

Jipes
March 26th, 2010, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the quick answer Jimi, then it's a great simulator because it sounds rich and warm :dude

M29
March 26th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Good to see your back Jimi!! Sweet Strat and great playing as always. :rockon

M

mrmudcat
March 26th, 2010, 08:32 AM
:drool :drool

wowza ...............

sunvalleylaw
March 26th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I enjoyed that Jimi, and can't wait to hear it through your Marshall. As you may remember, I said your (former) strat through Marshall tone was my favorite of yours. I am sure this experienced lady will give it even more soul!

sumitomo
March 26th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Jimi you have a cool piece of history there with alot of good vibe.It also sounds great.Your getting quite a cool collection of gear there also.Very nice.Sumi:D

aeolian
March 29th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Great, aggressive kind of playing! I enjoyed it a lot.

I have a 1975 Strat (that would be as old as you) that I must have bought when you were a baby!

http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/STRAT1.JPG

tjcurtin1
March 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Whoa! Great sound, great playing!

duhvoodooman
March 30th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Sweet Strat, Jimi! Sounds just great! :dude :AOK

Brian Krashpad
March 31st, 2010, 12:17 PM
Congrats!

Looks bosstastic.