PDA

View Full Version : Minimalist Gig Rig

kidsmoke
March 25th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I was putting my stuff together for the evening, jamming with a "70's Rock Ensemble".

Thought you'd get a kick out of my rig.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l58/tiokimo/HB-35/P1100540.jpg

Left to Right:
33-50 watt tube amph
Boss tuner
Ernie Ball VP Jr
e/h Holy Grail
'88 MIJ Washburn HB-35 with a 28 year old Duncan JB in the bridge

Not bad for travelling light. The amph will drive a 4 x 12 if It has too(but it doesn't have too). Lots of crunch and bite.

WE'll be doing Radar Love, All right now, Ramblin Man(Allman Bros) some Isley Bros....should be a gas.:AOK

Katastrophe
March 25th, 2010, 04:01 PM
I was putting my stuff together for the evening, jamming with a "70's Rock Ensemble".

Thought you'd get a kick out of my rig.

Not bad for travelling light. The amph will drive a 4 x 12 if It has too(but it doesn't have too). Lots of crunch and bite.

WE'll be doing Radar Love, All right now, Ramblin Man(Allman Bros) some Isley Bros....should be a gas.:AOK

It must be nice to play a gig and not have to get a hernia! Great song list, too. Have fun with it, man!

Robert
March 25th, 2010, 04:09 PM
That's a cool little Barbie amp! :)

kidsmoke
March 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM
that Barbie amph is 50 watts of tube lushness, modelled after a Plexi. You'd be amazed.

markb
March 25th, 2010, 04:52 PM
You're a person after my own heart when it comes to minimal gear.

The Little Lanilei is a cool amp. Use a small valve as your "power amp" for tone and then reamp with a solid state power stage to get it into the audible domain. Just like the Vox Valve Reactor thing. They even made a rotary speaker in the same size cab.