PDA

View Full Version : Gig tomorrow night

Robert
March 26th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Haven't played with these guys in over a year. We have a show tomorrow night, and I thought were going to practice this week. Turns out everyone was too busy, so we'll have to wing it at the gig.

I have spent hours today setting up my patches on the Line 6 Spider Valve MkII, and I think I have finally figured out how to work this amph now. It takes time to learn it, but I think it should make for a great gigging amp, especially the kind of gig where you need lots of variety for tones.

I'll try to get it recorded with my camcorder, not sure if there's enough space for it, but I'll try.

markb
March 26th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Uh-oh! No practice and new, complex gear!

http://ioconnor.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/danger1.jpg

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Tig
March 27th, 2010, 03:23 AM
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Yep, Robert will do fine. Heck, he could probably play a toaster and make it sound good!
:rar

M29
March 27th, 2010, 02:27 PM
A toaster...Yeah you are probably right! Do it Robert, do it :dude

Robert
March 29th, 2010, 07:39 AM
The gig was awesome. One of the best crowds I've ever played for. The place was packed, and everyone was there for the show, so they were extremely attentive.

I used two amps - the Line 6 Spider Valve MkII and my little Mack Gem. I was only able to mike one of them, so that had to be the Spider Valve since it had all the effects on it.

I had a good tone. The AC30 type tones in this amp are very yummy. I did record it all on video, but I haven't listened to it yet. There were things in the way so it won't exciting to watch, but if I'm lucky, there could be a few good music moments in there on that video footage. If so, I'll post a video later.

Lev
March 29th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Cool, nice to hear that the Spyder Valve cut it live! :applause

Brian Krashpad
March 29th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Congrats, Robert! Always great when winging it works out.

mainestratman
March 30th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Something to be said for veiny goodness. :-)