PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations!

Plank_Spanker
September 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Just a quick introduction and I'll try to keep the shameless self promotion down to a dull roar..............

I've been playing for 33 years and I'm currently in a working weekend warrior bar band. I own a room full of guitars and amps and my wife thinks I need help.....:) My band plays a mix of southern rock, classic rock, and blues and we do it just to get out and play (and make a little beer money).

This looks like a great board you folks have here!

Tone2TheBone
September 29th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Beer money. hahaha Welcome!

SuperSwede
September 29th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Welcome Plank Spanker! Yup, this sure is a nice place to be if you are into guitars :)

aeolian
September 29th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Welcome!

I've been playing 30 out of the last 40 years, but I have to pay the bar beer money before they will let me play in their establishment.

aeolian

Robert
September 29th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Welcome Spanker! This is a good place for guitar geeks (and beer geeks?). Enjoy.

warren0728
September 29th, 2006, 11:31 AM
welcome spank...i think you will like it here...

ww

duhvoodooman
September 29th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I own a room full of guitars and amps and my wife thinks I need help!
Hey, I resemble that remark! There's a lot of that going around here, P-S! But some of those rooms are bigger than others. In any case, welcome to TheFret, and glad to have you here!

Plank_Spanker
September 29th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks, voodooman. My wife is actually pretty cool about my playing, and she comes out to every gig.

But she won't let me into a music store unaccompanied......:D

Nelskie
September 29th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Plank spanker, eh? A fave term of the Righteous Reverend Billy G., I might add, and that cat rates highly in my book. You'll find these parts most inviting, as we pretty much all resemble your remark in one way or another: guitar junkies, gear-hounds, and perpertual searchers of the elusive "Grail Tone". Anyways - welcome to Fret.Net.

Oh yeah, and one other thing . . . can we call you Spanky? :D

*sorry on that last one - couldn't resist*

duhvoodooman
September 29th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Oh yeah, and one other thing . . . can we call you Spanky?
Oh, I like that, yessiree! :D

Spudman
September 29th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Oh, I like that, yessiree! :D

I think that should read "Otay Alfalfa." :D

Welcome aboard thefret Spanky.

Plank_Spanker
September 30th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Uh, oh......................looks like "Spanky"............................:D