PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Idaho Falls,Idaho!

BigJD
March 29th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Hey I'm Big JD from Idaho Falls Idaho!
I'm primarily a Gibson guy,my #1 right now is a 67 RI Frying V with a SD Sh-6 in the bridge position.
Play cover tunes and stay fairly busy at it.
My main stage set-up is a Digitech GSP 1101 straight to the board and back at through the monitors.It works,but I really miss the dynamics of a 4x12 and a hot preamp into a tube power amp sometimes.
More of a lurker here than a poster.I believe everybody is entiteled to their opinion and the internet is a dumb place to call somebody out half the world away just cuz they're different. The internet is a great place to share knowledge and common interest,it's a wonderfull tool!
I'm a regular on harmony central too under Big JD so if your one of those that wants to check up on people you can find me there too!

mainestratman
March 29th, 2010, 05:40 PM
:beer:

ID is super represented here.. lots of fretters there. :-)

Spudman
March 29th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Welcome to the forum JD.

Guys-
JD has a real good band and is playing the same clubs that my band is. Whatever you do don't mention gear to him because he can't resist (sound familiar?);) He's also real knowledgeable about stage lighting and toilet repair.

mainestratman
March 29th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Toilet repair, really?

Cool.. the toilet in my second bathroom has been clogging up really easily... ;-)

BigJD
March 29th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the forum JD.

Guys-
JD has a real good band and is playing the same clubs that my band is. Whatever you do don't mention gear to him because he can't resist (sound familiar?);) He's also real knowledgeable about stage lighting and toilet repair.

Thanx for the kind words Spud!

The toilet repairs was supposed to be our secret:poke

sunvalleylaw
March 29th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Welcome BigJD! I am a friend of Spud's and live in Hailey, ID, so us Idaho folks are getting a contingent going here!

bcdon
March 29th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Welcome to The Fret, JD!

BigJD
March 29th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Welcome BigJD! I am a friend of Spud's and live in Hailey, ID, so us Idaho folks are getting a contingent going here!

The powers of Spuds are growing my friends!

Jeez it's been a few years since I was up your way. GOOD fishing (my other passion).
I'd love to gig there a couple of times for-sure!

Spudman
March 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM
The toilet repairs was supposed to be our secret:poke

Ya, well I didn't really say it to anybody. I just wrote it here. I'm sure nobody will even notice.:cool:

mrmudcat
March 29th, 2010, 09:36 PM
welcome

Commodore 64
March 30th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Way To Go, Idaho!

Robert
March 30th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Welcome BigJD!

kidsmoke
March 30th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Welcome JD.

Not a heck of a lot of "calling out" goes on here, one of the reasons the people here, well, are here. From what I can tell.

Some serious 6-string mojo brewing in them northern Rockies. What's in the water up there, guys?

Tig
March 30th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Holy smokies, it be raining spuds in The Fret! Pull out yer cast iron umbrellas, boys!

Welcome to The Fret, BigJD. Any friend of Spudman, is, well, a friend of Spudman! :poke

Those SH-6 bridge pickups kick out some nice rock sounds. I have a set in a Tele.

FrankenFretter
March 30th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Welcome aboard!

mainestratman
March 30th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Holy smokies, it be raining spuds in The Fret! Pull out yer cast iron umbrellas, boys!

I feel it's my duty, as a native Mainer, to point out that the Pine Tree State is also quite prolific in the world potato trade....

:poke

BigJD
March 30th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Some serious 6-string mojo brewing in them northern Rockies. What's in the water up there, guys?

Big Fish!

BigJD
March 30th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Thanx for all the warm welcomes you guys!

Monkus
March 30th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Welcome !!! :pancake

Brian Krashpad
March 31st, 2010, 11:43 AM
Wow, Idaho represent!

Welcome BigJD.

I post pretty regularly on HC (EG and GJ) myself.