PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about this bass?

wolvie56
March 29th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Saw this bass on-line and was wondering if anyone knows anything about these. The reviews of what I could find of it are pretty good. It is called a AXL APJ-820-CKBW ELECTRIC BASS GUITAR 4 String. Looks pretty cool with a distressed motif.

Commodore 64
March 29th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I have an AXL Guitar that I got at a yardsale. It's actually pretty decent. LEnt it to a friend, and he plays the CRAP out of it, and he has a nice Jackson V and also a nice GOdin Redline that I also lent him, and he really digs the AXL.

The shop where I take lessons sells AXL guitars and bases, one of the salespeople there, that I talk to, said he was pretty pleased with the AXL brand for value at that pricepoint, and said they play pretty well.

My AXL:
http://www.lucky-cricket.com/files/AXL1.jpg

Brian Krashpad
April 1st, 2010, 09:47 AM
Saw this bass on-line and was wondering if anyone knows anything about these. The reviews of what I could find of it are pretty good. It is called a AXL APJ-820-CKBW ELECTRIC BASS GUITAR 4 String. Looks pretty cool with a distressed motif.

Looks like an inexpensive P/J copy. If you dig the distressed look, hard to go wrong for cheapies.

NWBasser
April 9th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Well, it has a PJ p/u combination and if ther're decently made, should sound quite goog. THe P/J combination if one of my favorites.

I just tood a skeepin pill and wachting my tyuping going down hill quickly..:thwap :nope

ejay
April 20th, 2010, 06:30 PM
I'd be real careful about checking this bass out, i.e., playing it, seeing it up close. Do you know what the "distressed" material is?
What did the review(s) say? Guess I'm on the cautious side.
ejay