PDA

View Full Version : I think I am getting a Kay/Harmony guitar... NOT!

poodlesrule
March 31st, 2010, 02:19 PM
Possible CL score: I may get a Kay (or Harmony?) vintage acoustic tomorrow... condition unknown. price commensurate with condition (hint: it's very low!).

Funny thing is that it is literally down the street. Meant to be mine, I guess.

Black, F holes per the rough pic on ad.

Update after 2 p.m. EST tomorrow!

Commodore 64
March 31st, 2010, 02:36 PM
Sweet. I love CL.

poodlesrule
April 1st, 2010, 11:10 AM
Did not happen!

Seller (who is one street over!) originally writes: "address ___, come between 1 and 6 pm Thursday". OK. I was just ready to walk over, but call ahead to be polite: "SOLD... somebody came right over..." Farck. I nicely expressed my disappointment!

The thing probably will end up on eBay... pre-1966 Silvertone, with block inlays, black body with white binding... oh, and F holes too!

Update: I just sent him an email reading "Thanks, great doing business with a neighbor, restating my address as done previously....

player
April 6th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Did not happen!

Seller (who is one street over!) originally writes: "address ___, come between 1 and 6 pm Thursday". OK. I was just ready to walk over, but call ahead to be polite: "SOLD... somebody came right over..." Farck. I nicely expressed my disappointment!

The thing probably will end up on eBay... pre-1966 Silvertone, with block inlays, black body with white binding... oh, and F holes too!

Update: I just sent him an email reading "Thanks, great doing business with a neighbor, restating my address as done previously....You were polite.they were Not.if they were they could have walked over and told ya Sold or better still walked over with it and sold it too you

otaypanky
April 6th, 2010, 11:03 PM
There's a word that comes to mind that describes people like that ~
but I'll hold off typing it
Ah, just not meant to be JL. probably a beast that just photographed well. Something better will come your way ~

Commodore 64
April 7th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I've said it all along...I hate CL.