PDA

View Full Version : Peter Frampton - "Fingerprints"

Nelskie
September 29th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Been listening to this CD for the past few days, and its really growin' on me. I've always dug Peter Frampton's music and fantastic guitar tone - but this *new*CD Fingerprints really showcases his depth as player. Esp. since its all instrumental. Yeah - - waaaaayyy cool!

While it's hard to ignore Frampton Comes Alive as a high water mark in his career (and realistically, how could you not?), there's so much more to his playing than voice-box infused stadium anthems. For example, check out his early work with Steve Mariott and Humble Pie, as well as the oft-overlooked Frampton's Camel. Stellar stuff!

Perhaps the thing that stands out the most to me about Pete is the absolute joy I hear in his playing. You can tell that it is continually evolving, yet in many ways, still the same. A fluid, jazzy feel permeates a great deal of his material, as does his innate knack for the sweet hook / fill. Deep down, though, Pete's always been a great rock player. And as such, he isn't afraid to crank up his amp, and grind out some heavy, kick-a$$ riffs. Big kudos from me on that one.

Anyways - if you want a CD loaded with incredible guitar playing, lots of different styles of songs, and a mind-numbing array of tasty guitar tones (both acoustic & electric), I'd highly suggest that you pick this CD up. Side-to-side, front-to-back, it's a six-stringed joy ride to Guitarville. ALL ABOARD! *chugga chugga chugga chugga* ;)

Tim
September 29th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Nelskie - thanks fro the review of the Peter Frampton's new CD. He has had some very neat songs during his career. But, since you did mention an instrumental CD, you really got my attention. I have been listening to instrumental CDs for about 3 years now. The wife and I got tired of some of the music that was being produced. I guess it is why we lean towards smooth jazz stations now.

Plank_Spanker
October 13th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Frampton never gets the props he richly deserves as a guitar player. He's as fluid and tasty a player as it gets.

I'm definitely going to get his new album.:)

Plank_Spanker
October 15th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I just finished listening to it and I like it. :) It's not what comes to mind as "typical Frampton fare" at all. He's covering a lot of ground in this album, and quite sweetly at that.

It's a keeper.