PDA

View Full Version : Listen to the entire new Jeff Beck album ..

Blaze
April 5th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Pretty smooth but tasty..no big rock in there..

Enjoy as much as i did

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125420200&sc=fb&cc=fp

msteeln
April 5th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I just read a recent quote from Jeff about this CD and his next CD, that this one was slow/mellow, and the next will go much harder.

Tig
April 5th, 2010, 01:19 PM
The second track, "Hammerhead" sure isn't too mellow. This is the only must have song of the album. It sounds like the old Beck of the 70's that I always loved.

While the album is somewhat serene and layed back, it is quite beautiful. "Nessun Dorma" could make you almost tear up! I'm not so excited about a few of the guest vocal tracks.

Zip
April 5th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I've been a fan of his since Ronny Wood was his bass player, but this album is a snorefest. We've heard all of this before - every tune sounds like something he's done before, only a little different. I'd settle for that with someone else, but not from a player of his caliber.

I just looked up the word Theramin in the dictionary, and there's a photo of JB's fingers. He's phenominal, but this album just doesn't do it for me.

Edit: Check out this clip of Jeff adding tones to the new Fender® GDEC - http://fender.com/features/gdec3/?EDID=YHIMYUN-0RG-HDEKZH-VXMG-6VW1-v1#/videos

Blaze
April 6th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Beck about his album..

TIUjB0Kan7g&feature

msteeln
April 6th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Beck about his album..I enjoyed that, thanx.

Spudman
April 6th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Wow! This is really good. It's so easy to listen to that it sucked me right in. Nicely done Mr. Beck.

Blaze
April 9th, 2010, 08:56 AM
'' From a Financial Times review available on Jeff's web site:

During the making of his new album, Emotion & Commotion, Jeff Beck suffered an accident with potentially fatal consequences for a rock guitar god: he chopped off the top of his finger while slicing a carrot.

“It was a really non-glam event,” he says. Squeamish readers, look away. “I only noticed it when I put it under a tap, there was this chunk hanging down. I thought, at least it’s joined on, so I folded it back and then I just temporarily lost it. I crumpled to the floor and thought that’s it, I won’t be able to play again.” A surgeon sewed it back on, but he had to finish the album using just three fingers on his fretting hand. “There’re a couple of dodgy solos in there,” he laughs."

I heard that Django is an idol of his , getting there Jeff ,another finger to loose tho..

marnold
April 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I wish these guitar gods would stop imitating me.