PDA

View Full Version : Current Xaviere clearouts

msteeln
April 7th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Some great deals - http://store.guitarfetish.com/spclblblsa.html
I like that dbl. cut hollowbody XV-580 w/back blem.

Spudman
April 7th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I see you've caught on quickly as to what this forum is all about. :drool: :socool

Tig
April 7th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Some great deals - http://store.guitarfetish.com/spclblblsa.html
I like that dbl. cut hollowbody XV-580 w/back blem.

The one thing that keeps me away from the XV-580 is the complete lack of access to the cavety and electronics. No F hole or anything, so how do you replace/adjust/repair the electronics? Otherwise... Oooh-laa-laa! :drool:

//I wonder how many blem's are returns due to something serious and not just a minor finish problem from manufacturing?

markb
April 7th, 2010, 07:34 PM
You can probably get to the electronics through the back pickup rout. Far from ideal though. String and a lot of patience are your friends here.

msteeln
April 8th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I see you've caught on quickly as to what this forum is all about. :drool: :socoolHeh heh, it's a great time to be alive, innit?!

Duffy
April 10th, 2010, 07:46 AM
My experience with inexpensive Xavier guitars has been superior to SX guitars and roughly equal to the 2000 level Agile LP tribute style guitars. I would not equate them to Epiphones of high quality like Standards and above or other high quality tribute LP style guitars like Micheal Kelly, Schecter, LTD high level series, etc.

My Xavier XV500 has great crunchy pat pups covered with chrome or nickel and has a beautiful finish; it is white and beautiful. The neck is beautiful as is the rosewood fretboard and all of the inboard electronics, including heavy duty wiring and components.

These clearout items are most probably outstanding values and great playing guitars that will startle you with their quality when you compare them to guitars you spent WAY more on. My white LP tribute Xavier has a three quarter inch solid maple cap over the solid mahogany body, no chambering here.

The overall vibe, in my opinion, of these guitars is great; except for the six on a side tuner models have a very foolish looking new style headstock. I wish more people would complain. G&L at a least developed a very attractive headstock when they moved from the traditional fender style cut.