PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Colorado!

DeanEVO_Dude
April 7th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Hey everyone, I'm glad to be here...
A little about me and my gear...
I have been playing off and on since I got my first guitar while in high school, and I'm still not that good (damn fingers won't cooperate with my brain! LOL), but I do enjoy it. I am also an electronics tech... tinkering since high school, 8 years in the Army and 17 more repairing alarm systems and computers. "Deadly" skills with a soldering iron! :AOK

My gear:
I have 2 Dean EVO guitars, 1 Korean made Exotic Burl and a Chinese made EVO 1000. The exotic has Epiphone Alnico Classics in gold and the 1000 has generic chrome covered ones (just put them in last Sunday).
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 30R equiped with an Eminence Red Coat Ramrod. Searched long and hard for this amp, went thru many, many others to find it (some I even went thru twice!), it is my main amp.
I also have a Marshall Lead 12 Combo (3005) with a Jensen speaker in it. I keep it around with the idea that I might convert it into a tube amp, either tranplant or home built, haven't decieded yet. My newest addition is a Crate V5 that I will be picking up on Sunday from Guitar Center (damn waiting period on used gear!). It goes under the "knife" (soldering iron) very soon after that, first change is it get an Eminence Ragin Cajun (just sitting in the box, waiting) speaker, then the open heart surgery will begin! LOL
Almost forgot... All my pedals! I have 3 home-made Distortion+/250 clone pedals (Tonepad.com), a Behringer EM600 Echo Machine, Behringer Vintage Phaser, Behringer Phaser PH9, Washburn Blues Overdrive and Soloist Distortion (get one if you can find it!), Dunlop Cry Baby Wah, Digitech RP55, and my "vintage" DOD pedals: FX50 (2 knob), FX55 (2 knob), FX65 (3 knob), FX80 (2 knob), and FX40-B.

Well, that's about it... Look forward to chit-chattin' with everyone!

sunvalleylaw
April 7th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Welcome DeanEVO! At first I thought your handle had something to do with DEVO. ;-)

DeanEVO_Dude
April 7th, 2010, 10:10 PM
"Whip it! Whip it good!"

FrankenFretter
April 7th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Glad to have you aboard, DED. There's a few of us here that tinker, some with great skill, like Duh VooDoo Man, Tung, and others. Then there are those like me, who took some electronics in high school a million years ago and manage to get by with some rudimentary leftover skills.

Are your generic chrome-covered pups AlNiCo or ceramic magnet? Do you like the way they sound?

DeanEVO_Dude
April 7th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Thanks, FrankenFretter.
The main reason I joined was because of the Crate V5 Mods thread I have been reading... There are, indeed, some very skilled people on here.

I don't know the magnet composition, they came out of an S101 335-copy I bought a couple of years ago (and sold), so whatever they used... I do like the way they sound, so I guess that's what matters most.

Spudman
April 7th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Welcome DED. Enjoy yourself. :dude

Tig
April 8th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Looks like you'll fit right in, DeanEVO Dude! Plenty of DIY'ers here. I built a few BYOC pedals, and DVM has a small side business modding and selling them. I've been in electronics since the mid 80's myself, but mostly computers.

Good to have ya onboard!

Robert
April 8th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Welcome Dean!

Brian Krashpad
April 8th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Welcome, have fun.

And don't forget to post in the weekend thread!

;)

mrmudcat
April 13th, 2010, 04:36 PM
welcome!

bigG
April 13th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Welcome!