PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Socal

Goose
April 8th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new to both this forum and playing. About 3 years ago I picked up a Starcaster set at Costco to see if I would stick with it. I have recently graduated to playing with friends in a true garage jam band. My tastes are fairly standard, blues, classic rock, country.

Now I play a Standard Strat SSS and am a proud owner of a new Blues Jr Tweed NOS, as well as a Line6 Spider Jam.

I typically play/practice for about 3 hours a day and do my own setups on my guitar. By day I am the Director of Sales for technology company in San Diego. Socal is my home now, bit I am a proud Mid Westerner and life long St. Louis Cardinals fan! I've been married to the same wonderful woman for 23 years now and have two boys.

guitarhack
April 8th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Welcome, Goose! I think you'll like it here.

Robert
April 8th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Welcome Goose. Good to have you here.

Tig
April 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Welcome to The Fret, Goose! Good handle... reminds me of the first Mad Max movie.

Sounds like you have some great gear. I used to follow the Cardinals back in the Ozzie and Molitor days. Still one of my favorite teams, even though they beat up the Astros on a regular basis!

I love San Diego... A past employer was based out of Del Mar, and I enjoyed visiting that area and the beaches.

Anyway, welcome!

MAXIFUNK
April 8th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Welcome this a great place to get info and find out about new gear and ideas.

FrankenFretter
April 8th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Welcome aboard, Goose!

sunvalleylaw
April 8th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Welcome Goose! Lots of Dad players here. I bet you will fit in just fine!

Spudman
April 8th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Hi and welcome Goose. Let us know if we might be of help any time.

Katastrophe
April 8th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Welcome, Goose!

You've picked out some great gear. Stick around and post a lot!

Monkus
April 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Welcome....reminds me of Top Gun...

Goose
April 8th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Welcome....reminds me of Top Gun...
LOL, fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, my nickname predates the arrival of Top Gun by about 3 years.

I picked it up early in highschool, the aftermath of a photo taken during an Explorers post outing. Started out as Gooseneck, then shortended to the more refined Goose.

Brian Krashpad
April 9th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Welcome Goose, they beat me to it with Top Gun.

My folks' families come from southern Illinois, many still living there, and of course they're all Cards fans too.

I lived in Chula Vista for a few years in the '60's, as a kid.

player
April 9th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Dunno about Great But am a Player fer sure.Welcome Goose I know you will like it here. :dude

markb
April 9th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Hi, Goose!

mrmudcat
April 13th, 2010, 04:35 PM
welcome!!

bigG
April 13th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Welcome aboard!