PDA

View Full Version : Gripmaster by ProHands

Jimi75
April 9th, 2010, 06:32 AM
The last time I went to my local music store I bought a Prohand Gripmaster Medium. I always thought that those things were stupid, but somehow this time the product caught my attention and without thinking too much I gave in and bought it.

http://www.climb-indoors.com/images/lyon_gripmaster.jpg

I thought I could use it on my way back home from work as I go by train. I didn't expect much, but the results are pretty cool.

1) The strongest improvement I feel on the finger coordination side. If you imagine a lick and "play" it on the Gripmaster you have a realistic tension and also an approximate average spacing and measure of a real neck (see the nice aerodynamic shaping on the bottom of the product). This really helps building muscle memory, which is pretty important.
2) Your fingers get stronger. I have figured that while hearing recent recordings of my playing...the vibrato got stronger, the bending felt easier.
3) It's a small unit that easily fits every jacket bag. I have mine always with me.
4) Don't know if I'm going to use this thing forever, properbly not, but so far it did a decent job and the results are there.

:AOK