PDA

View Full Version : Vox Aga 70

street music
April 10th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Tomorrow is our 36th anniversary and so I gave her money and dropped her at the mall after we had eaten a great lunch, while I went to my favorite music store. Well , I came home with another new amp. The VOX AGA70 that I had heard so many good things about at NAMM is just that. I plugged a Taylor acoustic-electric into it in the shop and then came home and plugged the Takamine in and played several sets of chords and found that it is amazing that for such a small package this amp can produce big tone quality.
I may get around to trying to record something one of these days but if you enjoying tube sound in an acoustic at a fair price you might want to check this product out.

street music
April 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
OK, more review of the VOX AGA 70. I have been playing on it for a couple of hours this morning. BASS MID TREBLE controls work great and give you the ability to pull in just about anything you could with a high quailty EQ.COLOR gives you a adjustment to brightness or softer side from what I found, REVERB just what it is suppose to do- you dial up what you want. The Chorus button is excellent for those who need to add the 12 string sound to a song. I like having the option of a Tube Preamp on one input put capable to plug a mic or another guitar into the normal side or vise versa, with XRL input to. The only feature that I 'm not sure they did it , is the line out is before the amp settings or effects. Maybe so that if it was used through a DI they would have full control of the sound but it doesn't make since to me. Still ,I have the VOX tube sound in an acoustic amp that is small, big sound, easy to use features and I'm happy with having the ANTI-FEEDBACK adjustment so that you have better control of any peek settings you want. So I would have to give a 9 rating out of 10 to the total package , as it would be fine for anything from home practice to small venue clubs or mic it for a big stage show. TRY IT OUT!