PDA

View Full Version : HC refugee

GreenAsJade
April 10th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Hi All,

I'm a refugee from HC2.0 ... just arrived here to say hi!

I have one question: does this site support Avs & Sigs? I set up one of each, and so far don't see mine ... nor anyone else for that matter. What's the deal with that?

Thanks!

GaJ

bcdon
April 10th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Hi All,

I'm a refugee from HC2.0 ... just arrived here to say hi!

I have one question: does this site support Avs & Sigs? I set up one of each, and so far don't see mine ... nor anyone else for that matter. What's the deal with that?

Thanks!

GaJ
Welcome to The Fret.

I'm not sure just what "Avs" is, but for sigs there is an option in the "User CP" to turn on the display of signatures (and inlined images, etc). Give that a try.

Tig
April 10th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Welcome to The Fret, greenasjade!
I see your avatar... looks like a white silhouette of 2 people kinda thing, and your sig is The Guitar Lesson Guide (http://guitars.greenasjade.net/).

GreenAsJade
April 10th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Welcome to The Fret, greenasjade!
I see your avatar... looks like a white silhouette of 2 people kinda thing, and your sig is The Guitar Lesson Guide (http://guitars.greenasjade.net/).

Thanks for the quick reply.

It's really wierd: I don't see my av or my sig! Or yours...

... hmm - I'll poke around in User CP and see if somehow I'm set up
not to show them...

GaJ

GreenAsJade
April 10th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

It's really wierd: I don't see my av or my sig! Or yours...

... hmm - I'll poke around in User CP and see if somehow I'm set up
not to show them...

GaJ

Well I'll be danged, I found "show avs, show sigs and show images" options in User CP, and all of them were turned off.

I turned them on, and now everything looks much nicer :)

GaJ

markb
April 10th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Apres vous, la deluge. Hi, GreenAsJAde :)

sunvalleylaw
April 10th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Welcome! It is a friendly place here with a bunch of folks that have helped me out. I bet you will like it! :AOK

SuperSwede
April 11th, 2010, 02:01 AM
Welcome!

Katastrophe
April 11th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Welcome! I think you'll find us a friendly group. Stick around and post often!

FrankenFretter
April 11th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Welcome aboard!

syo
April 11th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Well I'll be danged, I found "show avs, show sigs and show images" options in User CP, and all of them were turned off.

I turned them on, and now everything looks much nicer :)

GaJ

Welcome GaJ!
You've been here only a few minutes and have already had an impact. Totally forgot about the CP settings after signing up. I just flicked the switch and went from radio to color TV in an instant! Thanks...
:thwap

Spudman
April 11th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Welcome GaJ!
You've been here only a few minutes and have already had an impact. Totally forgot about the CP settings after signing up. I just flicked the switch and went from radio to color TV in an instant! Thanks...
:thwap

We get TV here? Wow!

Welcome green guy.

bcdon
April 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM
We get TV here? Wow!

Welcome green guy.

Hey Spudman, how about making the "show sigs, inlined images, &c" the default option for new members? I had the same problem (even started a thread about it) until someone pointed me to the User CP.

Thanks!

mrmudcat
April 13th, 2010, 04:34 PM
welcome!!!:french

bigG
April 13th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Welcome aboard!

Commodore 64
April 14th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I always turn off sigs, in every forum. They are the most annoying part of every forum. I absolutely despise sigs.

A few people with annoying animated gifs and OMG huge sigs ruin it for everyone. (If you have these don't be offended, because since I don't see sigs, I don't know who I may be offending).

The worst is on fishing sites where people feel the need to put a tally of species they've caught.

sumitomo
April 14th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Velcome!

Bloozcat
April 14th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Apres vous, la deluge. Hi, GreenAsJAde :)

Very clever, markb!

Shall we man the dike; fill the sand bags? Or just barracade the door? ;)

Welcome to the forum GaJ!

Brian Krashpad
April 14th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Welcome GaJ!

I post somewhat regularly in the HCGJ and HCEG forums, as do some others here.