PDA

View Full Version : 2 great pedals from DuhVoodooMan - ZYS and Rabid Rodent

Robert
April 11th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Two great gain pedals, one a tubescreamer (overdrive), the other a distortion pedal based on the ProCo RAT. Both work very well with tube amps, and have a very organic, dynamic sound. They are both made by Bob at http://www.duhvoodooman.com - contact him through his website for pricing and more juicy details about all the features and functionality enhancements his pedal designs offer.

I used a Suhr Classic and a Hagstrom Swede for this demo. Amp was a Marshall JVM410H on the Clean channel, Green mode. I recorded with an Sm57 into a GAP-73 mic pre, into an Apogee Duet. A little bit of reverb was added in Logic Express.

KarUoHyKiMo

MAXIFUNK
April 11th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Added to gas list both pedals.

mainestratman
April 11th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Nice hat.. guess you decided against the mohawk.. ;-)

Robert
April 11th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Nice hat.. guess you decided against the mohawk.. ;-)

Just wait and see...

mainestratman
April 11th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Awesome. :-)

duhvoodooman
April 11th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Very nice, RR! :dude :applause As well as showcasing the two pedals nicely (thank you for that--should sell a bunch more because of this demo!), it's also informative in showing the difference between an overdrive and a distortion pedal. Playing the same riff clean and then on both pedals was very illustrative.

piebaldpython
April 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Robert,
Which of the 6 different positions were you playing with the Rabid Rodent? For those who aren't familiar with the RR.....it has 6 "positions". Three are different varieties of "overdrive" and three different flavors of "distortion". An extremely flexible pedal.

sunvalleylaw
April 11th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Cool, as an owner of both, I am glad to see this really nice demo. They are sweet, and you show them off very well.

duhvoodooman
April 12th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Robert,
Which of the 6 different positions were you playing with the Rabid Rodent? For those who aren't familiar with the RR.....it has 6 "positions". Three are different varieties of "overdrive" and three different flavors of "distortion". An extremely flexible pedal.
From the camera shot at the end of the video, looks like it's in the first position of the switch, the stock Rat distortion setting (silicon diode clipping).

mainestratman
April 12th, 2010, 05:13 AM
Here's a screen shot of the settings for each...

Robert
April 12th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Yes, numba 1 it was.

Robert
April 14th, 2010, 07:51 AM
How is the sound? This was my first recording with my new audio interface, Apogee Duet. I notice everything sounds way better in my studio now with this new unit.

player
April 14th, 2010, 10:40 PM
No problem here Boss.sounded Great.