PDA

View Full Version : Going to see J. Beck with J. Bonamassa

Jimi75
April 13th, 2010, 03:37 AM
I think this is going to be a tremendous concert.

Will order my tickets this weekend. Until today morning I didn't know that Jeff Beck will be on that tour, too.....how great is this!!!!! I'm freakin' out here at the moment :-)

July, 19 - that's gonna be a great day!

:AOK

guitarhack
April 13th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Wow! That should be quite an eargasm!

Robert
April 13th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Wow! You lucky guy!!

duhvoodooman
April 13th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Should be a FANTASTIC concert, Jimi!! :AOK

He won't have Jeff Beck with him, but I get to see Joe here in Albany next Tues. Apr. 20! :dude :happy

Spudman
April 13th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I don't know...it's going to be all weedelee weedelee weedelee wang wang wang for the whole show? Can a human actually take that much guitar playing in one sitting. You're going to have to be strong and attentive to last for the whole show or else you will end up being consumed by all the notes and might end up disoriented in a pub afterward...and we'd hate to see that happen.

Jeff Beck and Joe Bonamassa...together...in the same show? Holy sh!t! That's going to be amazing.

Jimi75
April 13th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I am weeedeleeee weeedeleeee approved after having seen DreamTheater live about 20 times *lol*

I can't wait....'cause I know that for Joe's Spanish Boots cover on Black Rock he will join stage together with Jeff B. and then the audience can witness pure guitar greatness ;_)

duhvoodooman
April 13th, 2010, 08:11 AM
I can't wait....'cause I know that for Joe's Spanish Boots cover on Black Rock he will join stage together with Jeff B. and then the audience can witness pure guitar greatness ;_)
Or maybe even Blues Deluxe!

** EDIT **

I'm seeing Joe at a performing arts venue in the New York State Capitol complex in downtown Albany, an interesting building called "The Egg" (https://www.theegg.org/about), due to it's shape. They book quite a few musical acts there, from the obscure to the quite well-known. The facility houses two theatres, the larger of which (where JB is playing) holds just under 1,000, so appearances by really big name acts are pretty much precluded.

Check out the current list of shows scheduled for 2010, below. Some pretty familiar names there, huh? But just ONE sold-out show, and that one has been sold out for a couple of months now. Guess the word is finally getting around about Joe. But it's also probably a relevant fact that his home town (Utica, NY) is only about 90 miles or so from here....

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/744bc4a76847e44.gif