PDA

View Full Version : Are you a cascader?

Jimi75
April 13th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Whom of you is cascading overdrive or distortion pedals? I have almost never done it until about 2 months ago. I felt I needed a little more drive in my basic sound as the JTM45 is very clean and I wanted more drive in the clean sound. Usually, I only played my OCD or either my Ibanez TS9, but then I tried diminishing the gain on the OCD, so that cleanish solos sound creamy enough and I didn't have to fight for every singel note. For the main solos I kick on the the TS-9 additionally to get some volume and drive boost. These two pedals work brilliantly together.

How 'bout you then? Cascador senor?

:french

hubberjub
April 13th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I use my Lovepedal Eternity into my Analogman DS-1 all the time. Both are set for minimal gain (9 o'clock). I rarely use the DS-1 on it's own but it sounds good with the Lovepedal warming up the signal.

Robert
April 13th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I do sometimes. Depends on what amp I'm using.

Spudman
April 13th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I do most of the time for live work. I'll have a drive set on the M13 and then when it is solo time kick something on before it that gets a little more saturation and a slight volume boost.

I used to do this with my analog board too. Tube Screamer into a DS1. When I have 2 units on together it works really well to turn the guitar's volume down for a little thicker sound and less compression.

sunvalleylaw
April 13th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I used to do it all the time with my DS-1 followed by my Bad Monkey to my C-30. Got that from Spud. After getting my Rodent, I started doing it less, as the Rodent sounded better on its own than the DS-1 did, and I did not think the Bad Monkey added that much to the Rodent that a volume knob or boost didn't do better. Now that I got the ZYS as well, I have started to experiment with it again, cause I think I will be able to get some pretty cool cascaded sounds from those two. The ZYS is cleaner overall than the Monkey, and so throws less of a blanket over the Rodent.

The DS-1 benefited a bit from the Monkey's "blanket" as it made it less shrill.

oldguy
April 13th, 2010, 08:34 PM
I do quite often. Bad Monkey for a little creamy OD, and add the ZYS to push that over the top w/ the Ceriatone OTS and the Jet City 20 head run together.

Ch0jin
April 13th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah I do it occasionally.

I'll run a fuzzface with the drive maxed into either a BSIAB or my hotrodded muff to try and ape some of those uberdistorted jack white tones.

If I'm jamming with friends and I intend to swap between my HB guitar and my P90 guitar I'll have a pedal used as a slight clean boost, as the P90 output is a bit lower than the HB's. I did use a TS clone for this, but now I use an OCD clone for the same purpose.