PDA

View Full Version : NGDx2!

bigG
April 13th, 2010, 01:48 PM
A big HELLO, boys n girls!

Well, it's been awhile since I've been here, so see **** for my explanation, please.

During my absence, I've acquired a new Martin OM-21 Standard Series, as well as scoring a mint condition 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition.

Here's Martin's pages on both:

OM-21: http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?p=c&g=7&m=OM-21

HD-7 McGuinn: http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?m=HD-7 Roger McGuinn&p=i (Seems as though that URL isn't working fully anymore. If ya wanna check it out, click that URL, click on "Inactive Models", go down the list to Special Editions, CLICK ON THE + TO THE LEFT of Special Editions that opens the list, then click on HD-7 Roger McGuinn. They stopped making them in favor of the more affordable, and still available D-7 Roger McGuinn Special Edition. Collector's item, anyone!!!? Heh heh)

I've been strictly acoustic for many months now, and loving it! I feel blessed to have the three marvelous Martins I now have, and those three will likely be the end of it. When I get back into electrics, I'll be buying again, no doubt...

I'm glad to be back!

****By way of explanation for my absence from thefret to the entire community: I've been very busy for months helping my oldest son get his third business off the ground and playing guitar, as well as buying, trading and selling guits and amps to end up w what you now see in my new signature. I've tried to keep up w reading thefret sporadically, and finally have a bit of time to log-in and participate. Happy to be back, for today at least! :happy

Robert
April 13th, 2010, 02:04 PM
Glad to see you back again!

Congrats on those purchases! Must be exciting!

bigG
April 13th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks, Robert! Yep, I'm pretty excited, alright!

I've been keeping up with all your great videos since I went missing. Bravo, as always! :applause

gtrjoe
April 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Wow two Martins-:applause .....those are beautiful axes!! I have a 2008 Martin OM28 Marquis and they just play and sound so wonderfully-they only get better with age.

Congrats

gtrjoe :cool:

bigG
April 13th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks, Joe! Yep, at age 59, I finally own three Martins, actually - I also have an M-36 from approx last September. I guess dreams do come true, if you wait long enough (in my case!). :crazyguy

That OM-28 Marquis was actually next on my list when I found that mint 05 HD-7, so there went that money! That Marquis of yours is an outstanding guitar! :AOK

gtrjoe
April 13th, 2010, 07:04 PM
That Marquis of yours is an outstanding guitar!

Thanks....I really took my time finding it. I drove to (3hrs round trip)Sweetwater in Indiana and spent a whole day trying out Acoustics of all makes and models (got a great tour of the place-all I can say is WOW-would be a great place to work)they bring anything from stock to the floor for you to try. But alas nothing there was "the one". I found a Martin that I would have bought but it had a really weird turquoise motif that I just couldn't get past. So next was Elderly Music in Lansing, MI (about the same distance from me) and after about 6 hours I narrowed it down to to the Marquis. I kept going back to the Marquis guitar (Elderly has a lot of Martins-New & Used). So I knew-if this was the one I kept comparing the others to...well, it's got to be it. So I get it home and I'm just going over it and inside is stamped: 1833-2008 175th Anniversary...Bonus. I just love the tone...
...exaple of how she sounds-Hey Hey What Can I Do (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jxjlqKwcYE)

gtrjoe :cool:

M29
April 13th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Good to see you back bigG:AOK All the best on your sons business and your collection of gits.

bigG
April 13th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Good to see you back bigG:AOK All the best on your sons business and your collection of gits.

Thanks so much, M29! Very kind of you! :AOK

mrmudcat
April 13th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Nice.......G..... im currently looking for some accoustics also!!

Welcome back ive been MIA also l8tly....but making progress in my rehab!:happy

bigG
April 13th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Nice.......G..... im currently looking for some accoustics also!!

Thanks, muddy! How ya doin', brother!? Healin' up okay? (Ooops, I wrote that before I saw your edit.)