PDA

View Full Version : Philip Sayce : Another “Mother”?

Blaze
April 13th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Source Steve E..

Looks like Fender has struck again...does this scenario sound familiar????

Fender can make their paint jobs look however they want as long as they don't put a sig. name on it.
It will be easy to prove that there are subtle differences in the two paint jobs that make the Fender production model "unique"
and that their reproductions far outweigh the 1 original that is in question.

Story here:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=412219824679&comments

jMsvPQFA-qs

Spudman
April 13th, 2010, 06:08 PM
While it's not an exact copy I think what Fender did is pretty cheap. On the other hand we all are guilty of seeing something we like and copying it. However, Fender did this to make money as subtle as they are about it. The part about putting the same sticker on each is definitely the big burn. I hope Phillip gets a little something out of this financially. Or I hope Fender suffers a little and doesn't do this again in the future.

syo
April 13th, 2010, 06:56 PM
That is definitely low. Even without the sticker it's obvious what they've done. Especially since the original was sitting in their Custom Shop. The fact that they denied they copied it when confronted is sleazy.

Jimi75
April 22nd, 2010, 06:08 AM
Who's Phillipp S., that's about what 95% of the folks I know would ask and that is why Fender felt free to "steal" the design of his guitar. Philipp will see nothing, believe me. His name's not big enough.

I personally feel though that this whole F or G copied a design of a guitar discussion goes to deep. If your guitar has scratches and is naturally reliced it has to do with the "miles" it made down the road of RNR, it's no design in the formal kind of sense. If F put some almost similar looking scratches on a model can we really call it "stealing" a design? The Van Halen case was more of a design case, I think - remember the sneaker affair, although I'd say we should compare apples with apples right and if every hillbilly os going to copyright his creative outcomes....you will not be allowed to dra a line again.
The sticker on that F guitar is something more obviously copied, but also here I am not totally on Phillip's side. I got Pin Ups on my guitar, too. Hey isn't F free to put a sticker on their guitars? I mean in the end the Stratocaster is still their copyrighted design, isn't it?

I am sceptical in this case the same way I was with the goldflake "Bonamassa" Strat. He was a kid playing a golden Strat, so what? Playing no more F guitars is definitely the wrong decision.

As long as we are not talking about copyrighted material, we are talking about warm air being moved from left to right :crazyguy

Robert
April 22nd, 2010, 07:23 AM
That's so bad, Fender. Wow. It's obvious to me they stole the look.