PDA

View Full Version : Duhvoodooman - you're too cheap

Zip
April 13th, 2010, 05:54 PM
You should be charging WAYYY more for your pedals, if this is any indication:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-70s-DOD-Overdrive-Preamp-250_W0QQitemZ180492927120QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar _Accessories?hash=item2a06378090#ht_500wt_1151

:thwap

duhvoodooman
April 13th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Nice of you to say so, but I do this mostly as a hobby and to feed my GAS, not to make a living. Seeing pricing like that stuff burns my butt, 'cuz I have a pretty good idea of the cost of the materials and the time involved. Sorry, but I don't think solder jockeys like me should get paid the hourly rate of brain surgeons! :thwap:

Robert
April 13th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hey, don't cut yerself short, DVM! Just give us fretters good deals, but charge everyone else an arm and a few legs! :D

DeanEVO_Dude
April 13th, 2010, 09:46 PM
That is just friggin' silly. I have put it on my watch list, just to see what gets it though.

Ch0jin
April 13th, 2010, 11:04 PM
yeah zactly. Nobodies going to pay a grand for that. Seller is just fishing.

Jimi75
April 14th, 2010, 01:28 AM
We all know that those suit wearing guys that call themselves collectors ruin the market for the real musicians like us. If the instrument or effect could speak it would say:" Take me out of the vitrine, stop polishing me and start playing me!

I don't know about DVM's pricing, but I know that his pedals sound fantastic and maybe at the end of the year I'm gonna order one to spread the Zonkin' virus in Europe. :AOK

Kazz
April 14th, 2010, 04:35 AM
I have always wished that ebay had a way of letting us know how many times an item has been posted by the same member. That thing has been on the bay for quite some time. I think this is the 3rd time I have seen it. He has not budged on the price.

Kazz
April 14th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Hey, don't cut yerself short, DVM! Just give us fretters good deals, but charge everyone else an arm and a few legs! :D

Personally I think DVM should make all us fretters a deal on a ZYS Mark II to sell it to us as demonstrators for the cost of the parts and shipping so that more people around the country get to hear the ZYS live and that would generate alot more business for DVM pedals Incorporated LLC esquire :what

Robert
April 14th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Ok, let's clarify - I meant (jokingly) that DVM's current prices are already great deals for us... realize how much time it takes the man to build these little wonders.

duhvoodooman
April 14th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I don't know about DVM's pricing, but I know that his pedals sound fantastic and maybe at the end of the year I'm gonna order one to spread the Zonkin' virus in Europe. :AOK
AAMOF, I have a ZYS build this month going to a guy in Freiburg. Have previously shipped pedals to the UK and Switzerland. Also have pending orders destined for Bulgaria, Denmark and Japan. Still waiting for my first orders from S. America, Africa or Australia, though.... :D

Jimi75
April 14th, 2010, 08:01 AM
AAMOF, I have a ZYS build this month going to a guy in Freiburg. Have previously shipped pedals to the UK and Switzerland. Also have pending orders destined for Bulgaria, Denmark and Japan. Still waiting for my first orders from S. America, Africa or Australia, though.... :D

Wow that sounds fantastic! Didn't know that. :applause

piebaldpython
April 14th, 2010, 08:22 AM
As wonderful as it is that DVM's "objets d'arte" are going WorldWide.....it's also comforting to know that he deals Locally too......as the USPS mailman will attest to as several DVM pedals (Mos y Mas ODII; Rabid Rodent; Ram's Head Muff version; British Blues OD and Triboost) have have made the Short Trip from New Yawk to Philly. :applause

helliott
April 21st, 2010, 11:31 AM
I dunno about too cheap, but I bought a "Zonkin' Yellow Screamer Mark II" Overdrive/Boost Pedal. It's very rugged, sounds great and didn't cost an arm and a leg. I'm pedalled out, but would certainly return if I was in the market. (Service was also responsive and prompt.)