PDA

View Full Version : Hello from gtrjoe

gtrjoe
April 13th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Hello everyone...I stumbled upon the site and it looks very "homey" :AOK

I love to teach on line and I'm the top contributer at Vanderbilly (over 330 how to play videos there) and I have quite a few on YT under gtrjoeles. I hope I can help and learn some new things here. I have more guitars than brains and love all styles. Recently bought a mandolin and have learned some songs on that; the most recent fiddle is a Republic tricone resonator guitar. I'm teaching myself to play slide and Delta Style blues.
Here is one of my most recent video's-hope you all enjoy!!
gtrjoe :cool:

You Wear It Well (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OE5v-ZTQko)

bigG
April 13th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Welcome, Joe! Anybody that covers and spreads knowledge of old Rod The Mod, Faces and The Stones is a bit of alright in my book!

Keep them youngsters tuned in to REAL rock n roll! :dude

FrankenFretter
April 13th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Welcome aboard, Joe!

mrmudcat
April 13th, 2010, 07:36 PM
welcome

Robert
April 13th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hey Joe, where you going with that ... in your hand?

sumitomo
April 14th, 2010, 07:33 AM
I've seen some of your stuff,very cool.Sumi:D

Tig
April 14th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Welcome to The Fret, gtrjoe. As you can see, this place is a little more friendly than most online forums. Plenty of good people here.

From what I've seen of your Vanderbilly vid's, you have a very wide range of styles and must have a huge selection of guitars.

Brian Krashpad
April 14th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Welcome Joe!

What is Vanderbilly?

Spudman
April 14th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Hey Joe, where you going with that ... in your hand?

Beat me to it.:thwap

Welcome to a forum of clones and tasteless humor people. I hope you'll fit right in Joe.

gtrjoe
April 14th, 2010, 10:06 AM
you have a very wide range of styles and must have a huge selection of guitars
...yeah, 30+ years of buying, collecting and 1 mid-life crisis= 6 Les Pauls, Strat, Tele, Gretsch, Brian May reproduction, Godin 5th Ave., Martin OM-28, Republic TriCone Resno, 2-Yamahas: 6 & 12 String & a mandolin.
I'll never be able to retire....

What is Vanderbilly?

vanderbilly.com is a site for free instructional videos. The premise is to play a section of a song and then slow it down to show what you are playing on the video. It's where I started and got hooked on teaching online. The forum is similar to this-very friendly and no attitudes allowed.

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

gtrjoe :cool: