PDA

View Full Version : Musician's Friend MIK Tele

Plank_Spanker
October 2nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
A couple of years ago, I ordered one after playing a friend's. This guitar is sweet! DiMarzio humbuckers with a push/pull coil split, set neck, string-through bridge, relief cut thin body. The neck is fabulous and fast. It's built to rock, and rock it does. I don't hear too much about other players and this guitar.

Anyone else here have one?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/axepilot/Tele.jpg

Spudman
October 2nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
I've been looking to find one myself. I passed them by when MF was dumping them along with everyone else. Now they command a fair price used...and I'm not really a fair priced guy.:mad:

They kind of remind me of the Schecter PT Tele.

TS808
October 4th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I recently sold a MIK tele to my brother. I thought they were excellent for the money and very well built. I had the Deluxe FMT tele that had Duncans in it. Great guitar, I just prefer single coils. My brother is really digging the guitar though.

The gold top on those axes is fabulous.

warren0728
October 4th, 2006, 11:21 AM
nice looking guitar....i too prefer single coils in teles....but have heard teles with humbuckers that do sound sweet (just not like a tele to me)

ww

Plank_Spanker
October 10th, 2006, 05:41 PM
This Tele is "Tele" only in shape. I guess Fender licensed the name to whatever Korean plant to make some money.

It's a flat out rocker and a great guitar, though.

Maybe one day I'll actually buy a "proper" Tele. :D

stingx
November 18th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I love those Teles. I am particularly fond of the gold tops. Very cool looking.

marnold
November 18th, 2006, 12:42 PM
My Showmaster is a cousin of that guitar. It is also MIK. Very nicely put together. Set neck, one humbucker, very flat fretboard. Not a typical Fender by any means. I lusted after one of those Teles when I saw them in the MF catalog.

Tone2TheBone
November 18th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Thats a really cool guitar...especially with the finish and the Dimarzios, they just belong there.

Plank_Spanker
November 18th, 2006, 09:12 PM
It's a good guitar to break out on some hard rockers. It has one of the sweetest necks I've ever played, and that's why I bought it.