PDA

View Full Version : Totally awesome - Hubble telescope

Spudman
April 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
This should put awesome back into your vocabulary.
oAVjF_7ensg&feature

Tig
April 14th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I suggest going to Youtube, setting it to 720p and full screen.

Mind numbing... over 100 billion galaxies in the known universe.
Some people actually believe that us poor dumb humans on little ol' Earth are the only "intelligent" lifeforms created... Talk about naive! :thwap

"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space."
Douglas Adams

Spudman
April 14th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Mind numbing... over 100 billion galaxies in the known universe.
Some people actually believe that us poor dumb humans on little ol' Earth are the only "intelligent" lifeforms created... Talk about naive! :thwap

That's exactly what my wife and I said last night when we watched this.

And...there are BILLIONS of stars in each of those Galaxies. The numbers are (funny) astronomical!

Tig
April 14th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Another one, in case this one didn't make you feel itsy-bitsy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T_pi62ozT8

Again, go 720p, full screen.

Jimi75
April 14th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Funny to see mankind roaming the outer space, but knowing only 1% of the oceans that regulate and influence our lives so much and the unkown life forms in the ocean. Stop the gulf stream and we will face another ice time within the next 50 years etc.

Cool vid anyways, I remember one of the other vids you posted, where they illustrated how small we really are and it was fantastic, too.

deeaa
April 14th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Just too bad I can only think of writing things that would violate forum rules here.

But anyway, awesome stuff, yeah!