PDA

View Full Version : Tonelab

Cranium
October 2nd, 2006, 04:18 PM
I went to GC to check out the Vox Tonelab and the AD30VT and the Marshall AVT20, first time I tried the Tonelab (through Vox AD50VT) I didn't really like it too much, I went on to the AD30VT which didn't impress me too much either, then the Marshall AVT20X which I liked, but I couldn't really get more then 2 tones out of it.

I went back to the AD30VT and I saw a AD60VTX with the NeoDog speaker for $799 (I think) and the panel was just like the Tonelab but without a few things, it sounded so much better then the AD30VT I couldn't help but go play the Tonelab again, but this time I tried setting up the AD50VT a little too and the sound was a lot better! I liked it much more then the AD30VT and decided to take it home :D.

It sounds quite different through other amps, it also sounds very realistic except the effects don't quite sound right sometimes, it’s a little bit complicated for unsophisticated people like me, and I might be writing a review on it some times later (when I figure out what some of there knobs do). :DR

PS: Any of you Tonelabbers have any cool preset ideas?

SuperSwede
October 3rd, 2006, 02:59 AM
The tonelab is a fantastic modeler, but the presets are among the worst I´ve ever tried. Once you get to know her, you are going make her howl :D

Read the manual, for example the Blackface amp uses the presence knob to emulate the bright switch. It contains lots of humor too, so it´s a easy read.

If you have a midi interface I could send you my patches (the tonelab editor is great!).