PDA

View Full Version : This guys kills at improv!

Radioboy950
April 16th, 2010, 10:09 AM
If you spend much time on YouTube, you may have come across this guy's vids. He is a great "unknown".
His technique is spectacular, but more importantly (for me anyway), this guy demonstrates what it's like to play with "FEELING"...emotion...and interpretation, without the ridiculous shredding crap up and down the neck.
Knows when to play...and when NOT to play, if you know what I mean.
Check out his vids on his channel, you'll dig it.

Here, he does a blues thing using a Marshall JVM410 (Robert's amph, I think?)

NYMAUbFhDmQ

mainestratman
April 16th, 2010, 10:36 AM
:beer:

Jimi75
April 16th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Cool player, cool playing! The first step to achieve great playing to backing tracks is to listen. To listen to the BT without playing. That takes a lot of patience for a guitarist, belive me. Let the melodies come to you, otherwise you just play the remote finger puppet orchestra and wonder why your chops do not improve. You mention it in your post, he knows where the right tones are, but he had to find them first.

:AOK

M29
April 16th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Good player for sure! Thanks for posting Radioboy950 and Jimi thanks for the info, I am going to concentrate on what you just said. I am wrestling with my phrasing.

M

Spudman
April 16th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Good player...and a Luke too. Smart choice of guitar. ;)

sumitomo
April 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=Jimi75]Cool player, cool playing! The first step to achieve great playing to backing tracks is to listen. To listen to the BT without playing. That takes a lot of patience for a guitarist, belive me.

You know just about a month ago I bought an I-pod just for backing tracks and I mean good backing tracks,not those cheezy suckers I was using before,but one's I like.Now at work I just play them by themselves,all day,and I'll get a groove or two going on in my head and when I get home I try to get that from my head to the speaker,naturally some days better than others,but it has helped alot.Sumi:D